1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Leg Pain .. Help Needed

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by itzdms, May 6, 2016.

1. itzdms

itzdms Bronze IL'ite

I have pain in my left knee and the symptoms included pain while bending and increases after a workout. I have been trying massaging with ayurvedic oils. The pain subsides but seems to not go off completely. In the mean time, I had to do some shifting as part of which I had to carry weights. After that, my upper thigh joint started paining and the whole of left leg is aching. I am trying massaging and heat therapy. It seems to give me little relief. Please help.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Hi @itzdms! You need to see a doctor ASAP to get your knee examined. Treatment would depend on the extent and cause of your trauma.

Meanwhile, please stop massaging your joints — this can exacerbate the problem. I would also hold off on exercise till you see a doctor.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I had the similar issue while I was working out in a Gym using weights. It was only on one knee and finally figured out its the beginning stage of arthritis:(:(

4. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Check the weight.
    As you are already keeping a check on your weight dont over exercise than.....

5. shavi

shavi New IL'ite

Arthritis is painful joint disorder that affects physical and mental health. Over time, in some types of arthritis, the involved joints can develop severe structural damages. Severe arthritis, particularly if it affects your hands or arms, can make it difficult for you to do daily tasks. Arthritis of weight-bearing joints can keep you from walking comfortably or sitting up straight.
    you can get relief by massage therapy

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
  6. jmbk

jmbk New IL'ite

ஹாய் நான் ஜெயா என்னக்கு 6 MONTHS BACK L4 L5 SURGERY ஓவர் ,BUT STILL I AM NOT ABELE TO WALK KALF MUSCLE AND HIP BONES ARE PAINING .ANY SUGGESTION PLS

7. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

@itzdms, try acupressure for relief. Temporary then permanent. I do self care. 3/4 times a day for many pains:rolleyes:
    There are YouTube videos too.

Make sure to drink lots of hot water after every session. If you can go to an acupuncture or acupressure doc it will be good.

8. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Found this:

It’s an old-school treatment; take a handful of kalonji seeds, and heat it well with mustard oil. Once the oil is smoking, take it off the flame and cool it down for a bit. The oil is ready when you can dip the tip of a finger into the oil without feeling uncomfortable. Now use this oil to massage the inflamed joint.

9. jmbk

jmbk New IL'ite

hi thank u songbird i went accupressur with magnatic threapy also it didnt work.

10. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Check this video at you tube.really useful.