1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Some Wise Advise/help!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by unluckygirl123, Jul 25, 2016.

1. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Hi dear....
    Your BF seems to be a nice and well-grounded person. Plus all these years he's been same attitudewise, say a lot about his deep love for you.
    Since your parents are now supportive of you...it's fine to go ahead and have a court marriage.
    As far as relatives are concerned...all i can say from a famous bollywood song.....
    Kuch toh log kahenge, logon kaa kaam hai kehna....

PRM575 and unluckygirl123 like this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op.....their son/your bf is already separated from them for job reasons.He s already living a nuclear life.Stop feeling guilty.

MindVoice and blessings1010 like this.
  3. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

Dear,

Do you have any siblings or are you the only child of your parents? If you are the only child, I would still ask you to have a talk and try convincing your parents. Also, never tolerate your parents getting insulted by Anyone!
    Which country have your boyfriend moved to? Is it a permanent contract or will he be returning and staying with his parents in India?

4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

IMO, convince your BF to come and speak to your parents, because your parents are in a bad set of mind because of the insults they received from his parents.

Your parents may be convinced and may think he is not like his parents and will get confidence on him if he speaks to them directly.

Better your BF takes the responsibility of his parents behavior. Then slowly things will fall in place.

MindVoice and yellowmango like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Agree with kcb.....Op take your parents into confidence ,make bf talk to them that the court marriage will work out fine and he will deal with his family if and when required.A girl having full support of her parents is a big +ve.

PRM575, unluckygirl123 and kcb like this.
  6. unluckygirl123

unluckygirl123 New IL'ite

I have a younger sister. My bf is in singapore now and he/we have no plans of settling anywhere abroad. We will be settling down in India, may be in another 5 years. We may end up in his house then. That is when I will have to deal with inlaws.

@kcb & yellowmango,

My parents are confident and have full trust on my bf. They are even ok for a private wedding but sametime, fearing that my life will become hell in my in-laws place that I may have to bear the insult lifelong & they may play games to separate me from DH(They will engage in all sorts of crooked plans to separate us and point back at us saying look, we did tell you love marriages wont work out). Neverthless, I am confident that I can take my relationship smoothly with my DH support.

kcb likes this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@unluckygirl123 ....then better do not live with in laws after wedding atleast for initial days. Take a separate house for sometime, first settled down in your married life, later you can re think about staying with in laws if everything is okay with you, if they welcome you heartfully.

No one should start their married life with negative thoughts. Stay separate initially, build your relation with your DH & in laws and then plan for further steps.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. curtainsdown

curtainsdown Silver IL'ite

Ask your BF to ask your parents to seek your hand in marriage. Then go for a court wedding - invite both sets of parents and whoever else is close to you. Do not worry if his parents does not show up.

And most importantly DO NOT WORRY that you are taking the son away from his parents. You are only as much taking him away as he is taking you away from your parents. There is no rule in the world that says that DIL should stay with PILs after marriage - please come out of that thought NOW. Be respectful of his parents at ALL TIMES - even when they misbehave - but do not bend over backwards. Wish your happy married life starts soon. :)

And do not expect that ur husband will stay this sweet throughout your marriage - there will be days he will be unreasonable - he will also get stressed from all sides - but do not lose the love in your marriage - remember to hold your marriage with utmost sanctity - work on it everyday :)

Talk to your parents and do continue to extend reasonable help after marriage - talk about it to ur husband before itself and do not make that help a secret. And remember to offer some support to your inlaws too irrespective of if they need it or not. Good luck.

NeetaR, PhoenixAwoken and songbird46 like this.
  9. PhoenixAwoken

PhoenixAwoken Bronze IL'ite

Go ahead and marry him..
    Since both of you are 29 and in a relationship since 8 years, I don't see why you should wait any longer. Both sides may never be at peace. But your parents will be happy for you, if you two are happy.
    It's like you are given a rose(love) with a lot of thorns(in-laws hurting your parents)...

Your bf's parents are doing the same mistake as my in-laws. They are spoiling so many lives , if they get their word. What's the guarantee that the girl they select isnt after their money/ will gel into their family?
    I couldn't find the right words , may be.