1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreary Dreams

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, May 30, 2016.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

OH Take your own time ma.

2. cravingforhlove

cravingforhlove Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Take care. We will pray for u. We will wait for ur story.

3. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Aarti are you able to write now.. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:waiting for next update

4. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All
    Sorry to make you all wait so much. Here is the next episode.

Episode 36:

By that time Abhi was in hospital with Tiffin, Juice, Coffee , Soup everything prepared for them.

It was already late and Anu started home to get ready for School after having the Coffee got by Abhi.

Rathi refreshed and she was feeling better than before. Abhi gave her the soup which he prepared with very mild spiciness and it was rich in taste. It tasted good that Rathi finished the whole cup offered by him. IN fact, she licked till the bottom for the numbness in her tongue and its dryness. She wanted to check whether there was more soup, but her ego stopped it. Abhi understood that and served the remaining half cup which she finished in no time.

It was around 8 and she got a call and it was from Jhansi, her lead. Rathi went to Restroom. She was feeling better to go alone still with the support of holding the wall for the weakness she had. Abhi attended the call and answered to her lead. He wished him and spoke in English and informed her that she is becoming normal and will ask her to speak to her later. He also informed her that she would need complete rest and might need to take an off for this week to become normal. Rathi came back and she hesitated to check with him as who was on the call. She guessed someone from her office and checked her mobile phone and understood that it was from her Lead. She was convinced on the communication she heard about her health which abhi informed to her.

The next call was from Mithu enquiring about her health and she promised that she will come in the evening to see her. Rathi felt that she was left alone again and was just looking at the room turned around and around and Abhi gave her some books which he got from her room. Rathi felt relaxed to pass her time and just said a word of Thanks to her father.

Abhi was sitting in the chair reading the news paper and Rathi watched him which Abhi noted well. She was surprised to note that he was looking really smart and how he would have been during his young age and during the time her mother has fallen for him. He was looking very fair and she could sense herself in front of the mirror to note that she resembled him so much by all the features and complexion that no one would deny their Father daughter relationship.

Abhi was of reasonable height, fair complexion showing a pakka north Indian look neatly shaven with a thick layer of moustache. Rathi liked guys with moustache and ofcourse she started to admire how smart and beautiful her father was. But his hair had grey hairs mixed which showed depicted his age nearing 50. Rathi felt bad to herself to have missed the company of a smart father for all these days. Without his specs and grey hair, for sure, he would resemble a very young look for sure.

At around 10 AM, she finished her idli and sambar and by then the sister came around for her next dose of injection. She chatted with Rathi for the good smell of the sambar and complimented that it should be tasty. She enquired who prepared it and Abhi was mentioning that it was his preparation. It tasted well and rathi could feel her mom’s hands in the taste of the sambar. She admired her father for his calmness, silent attitude, smart look and the way he helps her mother. She also remembered him mentioning about the tiffin & lunch prepared & packed for her to start to School to Anu. Rathi inner mind wanted to talk to him

She felt bad to herself for her behaviour towards him all these days and how much she has missed in spending time together with her. Abhi left outside for a while and there was a Tea boy from canteen who came asking for some money for yesterday’s milk and bread supplied for her. She asked him to come back later she did not had money to give to him. He saw his purse kept on the table and requested her again for money. She had no choice left and took his wallet and gave money to him. She saw a very old pic of Abhi, Anu & Rathi when Rathi was very young and it was took in front of a Temple they have taken a group photo. Abhi had lifted Rathi and had one shoulder on Anu and it was looking good and a best family pic. Rathi was hugging her father and Abhi’s happiness in holding her daughter and her mother anu showing a proud look of the pair was shown well.

Rathi felt the love of that family and the happiness they had while giving the pose for that pic. She brushed her thoughts of her childhood and the days she played with him. It was only after that incident to their home town, where she was in reaching the age of understanding the world , people, good & bad, wrong things got registered and she could not come out of them. She also though about his education background and the simplicity he shown for himself for whatever he was. She wanted to break her barriers of her ownselves and wanted to come out to enjoy his company. But the adamancy mind of her did not give her way for that.

She took her mobile to speak to her lead and could find messages from Rahul. There were messages on

“How are you doing?”, “How is your health?”, “Sorry if I have hurted you!”, “please don’t harm yourselves much”, “Get well soon and I pray for your speedy recovery”.

Five messages in a continuous shot and she felt embarrassed for her behaviour towards him on the previous day.

She felt bad as why is she behaving like this towards him and thought as what is her expectation from him?

She called Jhansi later and spoke to her. Jhansi comforted her to take good rest and come back and she has delegated her works to some other person and let her not worry about that. In addition, she also complemented the way her father spoke to her and the concern of him for his daughter. In addition, she said his voice was very good and was professional and just enquired about him. Rathi was clueless and felt ashamed to have not much info about her father. She remembered her morning talk with her mom and said that he is an M tech Mechanical engineering who is doing consultancy for companies in both North & south. Jhansi answered a “vow” for her and told that for sure he should be a smart person. Rathi thanked her and thought to herself that for sure her father is a smart and felt proud.

Lunch was served by Abhi and he mashed the food well and gave her so that she gulped it like a porridge. She was feeling comfortable and happy the way Abhi was taking care of her like a child in between the dosage of medicines provided in direct vein for her with no drips as she started to in take food.

Around 3, there came the thunder bolt Shyam. “Hey, Sis.... what is this? What happened? I was shocked to hear that you were hospitalised?

Rathi:”Hmmm.. Now only you know that I am sick”

Shyam: “No akka... I know yesterday itself and Rahul informed me. Was held up with some work and could not come immediately to come and meet you. Really sorry about it”

Rathi’s face changed when she heard about Rahul’s name. She realised now again that he is brother of shyam and the incidents happened when she went to his house.

Rathi:”ok.. Ok... enough of your stories. I know you would have been busy with your love”.

Shyam kept hands on her mouth....”Hey, akka... stop... Uncle is there. Ofcourse, I will share with you and with whom else I will “

Rathi could not stop the non stop chatter box but had good time with him. Shyam explained his meet with Meera to her and shared about Meera, their family etc etc... But it could not be revealed that she is Madhan’s sister at that point of time. Rathi ofcourse enjoyed his company and felt light with him.

By then shyam left, Nurse came and advised for her discharge once Doctor confirms her after he see her. Abhi went to complete the hospital discharge formalities and Mithu was there.

Mithu came alone in her scooty and Rathi’s eyes searched for Rahul by default. Mithu understood that.

Mithu:”Hey, who are you searching for madam?”

Rathi:”Nothing da....?”

Mithu:”What are you hiding from me ? I wanted to check with you about Rahul and Uncle was there and I could speak much?”

Rathi:”What... Rahul... why should you want to check about him with me?

Mithu:”Hey... please. I know you are hiding something from me and I know you well dear?

Rathi:” No Mithu... Nothing. You have lots of work now. Are you prepared for your meet with Madhan’s Family?”

Mithu:”you diverting the topic. Yet I am busy, wanted to clarify with you something, I know you insulted him a lot and how do you expect him to come and see you again?”

Rathi felt bad for her action and felt sorry. Abhi was back by then.

Rathi:”Uncle, will you come in my two wheeler? I will accompany Rathi in the auto?”

Abhi:”Ok, fine dear.” He continued, “ I am done with all the process and Once Dr comes for his round, will have a word with him and start.Ok”

Rathi nodded ,”Ok” (“Dad” was sounded in her mind and the word did not come out). It is usual for others , but it ached as she did not say that word now directly to him.

Dr was back and upon his advised, they took the venflam from her hands, advised for medication for the next one week and discharged her.

Mithu accompanied her in auto and they reached home in the evening.

Sush has already arrived and came and hugged her “Akka....”

VinuthaS, Arunarc, Deepu04 and 3 others like this.
  5. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

I will try to post another before the weekend.
    Friends, comments please....

6. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Aarti episode too good dear but u too bad , coz you said will try to post by weekend.
    How can we wait for so long...
    :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:
    As for comments u need not at all even ask us we will keep pouring that. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

aarthi28 likes this.
  7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Looks like many are really busy with office chores....
    Wish all come back with the usual Josh....

8. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Arthi dear, my internet:coldsweat::coldsweat: server is still sick. I am not able to login then.:weary::weary:. Today when I logged in I jumped on your thread & happy to see new update.
    The episode very soothing,slowly Rathi will understand her father's love. You described their relationship very beautifully.
    Now I am eagerly waiting her to understand Rahul's love & his girlfriend.:D;);).
    post next part soon:grinning::grinning:

9. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Waiting for second part...

10. cravingforhlove

cravingforhlove Senior IL'ite