1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Delhi Police

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, AK and AAP are flies in Modi's ointment. I can understand one or two guys getting arrested but over 20 guys as if they have xeroxed the same charge? Give me a break! AAP guys are not behaving arrogantly or indulging in rowdy behaviour. BJP indulged in rowdy behaviour when their MLAs were caught on video bashing up lawyers in a Delhi court. I am not holding up a candle for AK but tentatively I am backing him. I think we should give him a fair chance.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji
    Haha. Don't step out of your house lest kejriwal arrests u .haha.
    Superb suggestions but will the public understand?
    U think sidhu Will Make a good cm of Delhi.
    He can keep all in spits eh
    Super as usual

3. vrikshakadali

vrikshakadali Silver IL'ite

I don't think voters are besotted with Modi as dear Balajee alleges and as shown by Bihar and Delhi elections where BJP lost ! Voters in Gujarat voted Modi 3 times in a row and as per central govt stats at the time Gujarat was the top or one of the top performers in agriculture as well as industry with 10%+ growth rate. Gujarat has one of the lowest crime rates though media and political opponents are trying their best to paint that state as a den of crime against Dalits (which are far more in states such as UP and Bihar!) with Kejriwal and Rahul Gandhi having visited that state already to fish in troubled waters. In upcoming elections, Punjab where AAP seems to have a fighting chance has large percentage of SC population (~35% apparently) and of course Uttar Pradesh where everyone is vying for SC vote.

As for the stupendous success in Delhi i.e. 67/70 come of this due to momentum of India Against Corruption/Anna movement, promises of freebies such as free water (to some limit), cheap electricity, blatant minority appeasement by stating Bathla House encounter as fake (which it actually was not with as confirmed by the authorities @ the time) and support from the middle class. Though Kejriwal and AAP seemed like a breath of fresh air @ the time 2-3 years ago the guy and his team seem to be habitual abusers, Kejriwal called the Prime Minister `coward` and `psychopath` and Delhi Police `thullas` IIRC. Most of the AAP MLAs in Delhi seem to be local goondas of Delhi.

AAP had given the excuse for resigning in Dec 2013 as not being able to pass Lokpal Bill their `raison de etre` for existence as a corruption fighting party, yet they seem to have totally pushed that under the carpet. And what happened to the 370 pages of proof against Shiela Dixit that Arvind Kejriwal used to wave at press conferences - no sign of follow up on that front either.

In short I think Kejriwal is no better than any other politician and AAP more of a far left party which promises freebies to win elections. If I were to choose a political party that would be BJP @ national level (mature party with some competent, experienced and mature leaders like Modi, Parrikar, Prabhu, Jaitley, etc and `known devil`) and for regional party Jansatta of Jaiprakash Narain that has some presence in Bangalore. Of course AAP is a young party and inexperienced but early signs do not seem very encouraging.

DISCLAIMER : Not a resident of Delhi, written as a follower of current affairs only !

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

First AAP is not AIADMK dishing out freebies here and there. Actually reduction in water rates, tax rates etc has ensured greater tax compliance and the Delhi government has collected more revenues than before. I don't know Kejriwal is a run of the mill politician like any other. It is too early to judge. But I thinkhe is doing a good job so far. May be he hasn't had an opportunity to be a politician like any other but that only time will tell. "FAr left" ?! If he is far left what are the communists, Maoists etc? He is basically a left of centre leader interested in running a welfare state combined with sensible fiscal management.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji why shouldKejriwal arrest mewhen i am supporting him. I won't say the same thing about Modi's minions in uniform a k a Delhi police. Sidhu doesn't keep us in splits but he is always insplits and he makes his money through that.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I don't understand how a government can function to maintain law and order when someone else control the cops. It is time the government of Delhi is given the right to have the cops working for their government. I didn't like the way AK resigned the job when people elected him the first time. However, it is my view, every government should be given 5 years before we judge them is Delhi or Central govt. Proof will be in the pudding. If people reelect him after 5 years, we can consider AK as a good administrator.

Viswa

satchitananda likes this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa exactly. Delhi government is not in charge of law and order. Maintaining law and order in Delhi is centre's job and it is doing a pretty bad job of it. Delhi police watches only the VIP backs and the rest can go to hell. Yes let us be fair to Kejriwal. Give him five years. Then we will judge him. In one year hehas been in power he is doing a pretty good job [articularly in fields like health and education and civic works.