1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working Woman

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Jul 27, 2016.

1. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@periamma .....you are a full time worker without any days off or sick leaves. You work 7 days a week without any pay, bonus & salary hikes.

sindmani, periamma and creativemind23 like this.
  2. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

it's the only job that women get without giving any interviews!!!

3. Anu14

Anu14 Bronze IL'ite

You are in action with your job at home... it does make you a working woman ... no retirement. Endless job. big salute to all women. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::thumbup:

sindmani, periamma and Sairindhri like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma, It is a great article.Women have no retirement in life.On reading your article I was reminded of how a lady( house wife) replied when the immigration officer about her profession." Socio economic Research fellow doing research in Child up bringing, child psychology, home finance, agruculture scientist and elders' care and women welfare, home designing, nutrition and so on.The officer was stunned by her reply.
    Yes, women's duties have no boundaries.
    The younger kid is bringing the house down because he’s hungry while the elder one can’t find his favourite toy.Husband’s calling out to her and the maid wants a new bar of soap. The house is revolving aroundher.. A day at home in her absence - it is quite impossible to think.

A stay-at-home mom is multifaceted,administrator, cook, waiter, self-appointed doctor, teacher and more rolled into one. .What a patience woman has!

In a country like India, a woman is constantly judged for the choices she makes after marriage, right from when she should have kids to how she should bring up her child. Women who refuse to toe the line are deemed arrogant. The choice of whether she should continue her profession is not entirely her own even in educated households. Respect the choices a woman makes about whether she wants to work after child birth.

Many moms who choose to be at home feel a sense of emptiness. Its feels like they are stuck to household chores alone and their sense of self- worth takes a beating. The same holds true for working women who feel the grass is greener on the other side and that they are not spending as much time as they should with their families.

If a woman chooses to stay at home, we cannot conclude she is any less ambitious. Remember, she is leaving a very important part of her life to take up another role that requires round the clock dedication. Bringing up kids and running the home full-time is no mean task. Such a woman hardly has time to herself for a relaxed cup of coffee. There is laundry to be done, lunches to be packed, shopping to be done... the list goes on. She does all this like a well-oiled machine, out of love for her family.

On the other hand, when a woman chooses to work she is doing it fully realising the enormity of responsibilities in front of her apart from housework. Both types of women have their hands full and it is time people stop being judgmental .
    I have persoal
    You know what a woman does only in her absence.
    Periamma, Hats off to you.
    Jayasala 42

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Can I be honest here?

Unfortunately,in today's society, an person who is working means EARNING MONEY.
    You may slave yourself from dawn to dusk for your family but NO MONEY=NO WORK.
    that is the way the mind set of the society is.

people do not understand HOUSEWIVES ARE TAKEN FOR GRANTED.
    Anyways sorry to digress.It is a thankless job but to answer your question..YES..YOU ARE A WORKING WOMAN TOO.

SGBV, satchitananda and periamma like this.
  6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

is it? what about the pre-marriage screening??? :)

satchitananda and jskls like this.
  7. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha....

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Sis
    Thanks for your kind reply .i know the stress of office goers as they play dual role.Even now you are busy in jewelry making and sharing your experiences with IL members in snippets.Keep going on dear

sindmani likes this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your response somsar .you have defined in today's language ACTIVE CARING HOME -MAKING.Grinding masalas in olden stone gadgets is a tough job but i feel happy as i want to give a delicious dishes to my family members.Those days relatives visit us often and we must be ready to serve food.Even now my BILs will give a sudden visit after 2pm.and i have to cook .But i am used to such situations and life goes on.Work is different from Care.

sindmani and somsar2014 like this.
  10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Ha Ha Ha .we get Diwali bonus

kcb likes this.