1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

oh my god, the way you explain their logic of high gas flame is so hilarious!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. Bhanulakshmi

Bhanulakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Omg jst cant stop laughing cing ur post

blessings1010 likes this.
  3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

OMG!!!Your MIL is one hellava character!

4. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

This post is funny and an interesting read. I never thought MILs are that much crazy. Thankfully My MIL is much better. Just my DH is obsessed with cleanliness. He has below logic which took me some time to get used to:
    1. Wash hands for 2 mins before cooking. Even if you have washed your hands from bathroom, you should again wash them with kitchen soap.
    2. You shouldn't touch any other stuff while you are cooking. like phone or remote or even touch him. They carry germs and get transmitted. If you have touched, wash your hands again before picking up the ladel.
    3. Washed and dried utensils should be kept in the rack after washing your hands. This reminds me of an incident: one day we both decided to do dishes . I asked him to put soap while i rinse it with water. After finishing whole lot, he asked me if I had washed my hands before rinsing the vessels. I became a saint and told yes, from bathroom. That was a mistake seriously. He left washing and rinsed the whole lot again..!!!
    4. Till the time you are eating, You shouldn't touch remote. We can continue watching the TV with some stupid serial but not change the channel!! If at all you did, please repeat the washing hands cycle.
    5. You cannot sit and eat in bed. Not even a small biscuit. !! Anything edible should be taken in the drawing room.
    This cleanliness drive initially used to drive me nuts as he used to keep a watch everytime I am in the kitchen and point out if I missed. Plus during winters, My hands became so rough and dry. I kept applying moisturizer to keep them soft.. and Now I follow this religiously and so he is happy!! :)

GlobetrotterG and blindpup10 like this.
  5. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Really I can't do this :crybaby2:...... It's a type of phobia...... Keeping on using soap liquid is not good to your hands...... I will just :smash2: my husband if me orders like this..... How irritating it will be know if someone watching us thats too in kitchen...
    Kitchen is the only place I can be myself :cheer::cheer:

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  6. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

haha..I know.. What to do!! I am newly married and this came as a very annoying thing for me to really do it and fight over not doing sometimes. If i used to counter question, he would say "just asking you to maintain hygiene and cleanliness while cooking" . I used to wonder where and what I am missing. I am washing hands, veggies as normally we do...using clean dried vessels... question was after what and how many times I should be doing that! I asked couple of friends about it and they told me he isn't wrong , maintaining hygiene is good!!why don't you just do it?? My point was isn't that too much!!
    I stopped taking pictures of my food because of this stuff!! I ask him only to click one for me and he does it gladly! Who will keep on washing hands!!:sweat:
    It took me some time to get accustomed to this washing hands practice. Now i am used to it. Thank god he doesn't ask me to take bath before cooking (though he expects) !! I would have gone mad with that request!! o_O

7. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Before my marriage I used to read this thread and have a hearty laugh learning about weird habits or behaviour of ILs... but now myself as a married woman, a wide and a DIL can understand the pain we go through due to these Inlaws.
    Reviving this thread with incidents from my ILs :p

1) use empty medicine bottles (like multivitamin bottles) to store food items like podis/ ground pepper powder, etc (so cheap!)

2) dont keep maid for sweeping and mopping because once in 10days of sweeping is enough! (unhygenic people!)

3) never wash hands with soap even after using bathroom. just wet fingers under tap water and ta-da! you're clean! (Yuckkk)

4) mil will never wash veggies or rice or dal properly. jus pour enough water to wet them and tickle them with fingers and ta-da! all the veggies and rice, dals are superclean! (do they even know the meaning of C-L-E-A-N)

5) switch off lights,fans,etc even if you go out of the room jus for a minute!

6) but it doesn't matter if they keep running the tv 24x7 no matter if anyone is watching it or not!

7) keep only bhakti tv channel and call for a family gathering in front of the tv whenever haarathi time comes! (reminds me of brahmanandam in one movie where he worships every god photo he sees lol).

pinkydarling, Giri12, dc24 and 2 others like this.
  8. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

pinky2cute, how sweet of you to revive this thread... oh dear talk about the amount of fun I'm having...riots of laughter. Thank you

9. DJ3

DJ3 New IL'ite

Wow..what a stress buster this thread is.. I am going to read all the 760 pages whenever I can, during my upcoming India visit to IL''s place to keep me cool and sane.

The first thing that comes to my mind whenever I think about her is below.

When we were newly married (about 3 months) my husband asked her permission for our honeymoon in a polished manner (without uttering the word 'honeymoon') she immediately responded with "pls take us too, we haven't been anywhere for vacation"

Me: whaaaaaat. .:confundio1:

After that too we never went to honeymoon:facepalm:

Aasma217, meepre and KashmirFlower like this.
  10. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

ROTFL