Confess Your Topmost "deepest Desires"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Good luck for that!:smile:
    So you are ok to maintain them! you are great yeah!:)
    Btw what is low maintenance friends??:eek::rolleyes:o_O
    So we have high maintenance friends as well, is it??:tonguewink::lol:

2. Aaa99

Aaa99 New IL'ite

My deepest desire right now is to go off on a beautiful long vacation to Tuscany . Learn baking from the bakers there , sip wine and watch the sunset having not a care in the world and yes no worries. SUch a fantasy.

3. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Yes, many of my acquaintances (hard to call them friends) have a high sense of entitlement and are seldom satisfied. Some are too obsessed with -theirs vs yours drama, and some are really critical of others. Most of the times I just close my eyes and swallow for the sake of my kids, so that they have some friends to play with.
    I wish I dont have to go through this everyday. I wonder if there are ladies who maintain decent friendship without taking any ****.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I hate to admit but my most constrained list of darkest and deepest desires are:

Darkest

1) Do Bungee jumping at least once in this life time
    2) Para glide or jump from a plane from a high altitude
    3) Become a world record holder in any sport
    4) Eat whatever I feel like eating at will without any consequences
    5) Become young in physical form now to explore something extraordinary that was not available when I grew up

Deepest

1) Ability to instantly convert information into knowledge
    2) Ability to read the mind of everyone in front of me
    3) Ability to take any form at will
    4) Ability to manifest anything at will
    5) Ability to achieve Samadhi state instantly

Viswa

5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have so many, but the one that will let me go to my grave in peace is this -- I want to contribute to something that fundamentally affects our world. Even if it is a single line of code in the first true artificial intelligence, or one subroutine in the decision-systems that guide the first humans to land on Mars. One tangible contribution to know that I made a teeny tiny impact on the future. That is my deepest desire.

Vaikuntha, Laks09, Srama and 5 others like this.
  6. Viswamitra

@Gauri03,

You think exactly like my son and don't forget to patent whatever you do.

Viswa

Gauri03 likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Gauri what you said here reminds me of my son's reaction after watching the Ramanujan movie and I quote "Amma, if you are quoted/spoken about 150 years after you have passed, you have made a true contribution and that is the only way!" I was stunned. I wanted the movie to make an impact on him but now he is all into what he calls pure mathematics and sciences. I am fortunate at this time to have a mentor for him as a guiding hand.

8. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

vishwa,
    All your deepest desires can be achieved by mahayogis only. And once one reaches that point they have no more dark desires!
    Nice set of wishes.
    BTW surprised that no one wants to achieve mokshsa or willing to know the ultimate truth.

songbird46, Sairindhri and anika987 like this.
  9. Viswamitra

@ssklgpaa,

I believe Moksha or achieving ultimate Truth is called "Samadhi" state. I know I need to eliminate dark desires to achieve my deepest desires.

Viswa

sslkgpaa, blessings1010 and ashima10 like this.
  10. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Nice thread @anika987

My apologies to add a serious deep desire here but I can not tell this to anyone in my family.

The deepest desire for me and hubby would be to hold our daughter close to our heart once again, to ask her if she loved being in my tummy, ask her why she choose me for 9 whole months and gave me the immense happiness of her presence inside me, and why she decided to say good bye to us so early in this dimension. I want to tell her how much mommy and daddy love and miss her. I want to ask her why did her daddy not get the same happiness of her company that I got for those 9 months. At the same time, I want to tell her that we are not angry on god anymore, we not angry on anything any more, we respect her choice to be in another dimension. We promise to be happy and content until we meet her again.

PRM575, jskls, Jazmine83 and 11 others like this.