1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working Woman

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Jul 27, 2016.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

During Train journey or in some functions many people ask me whether i am a working woman.i say no i am a housewife and they immediately reply oh i thought like that seeing your personality .i simply smile and move away .Then i asked myself am i not a working woman and counted the work done by me .

usually i get up at 5.30 to 6.00, refresh and have my morning coffee.Then go out and clean the front courtyard ,springle water and put kolam .In the mean time my DH get ready for walking and have his coffee and leave.Around 7 he returns and starts byhearting news papers.Before he starts reading he asks for his reading glass and i should search for it and give him and that is one of my regular duty.These are all unwritten law for women .i have a dog and he takes a healthy food with an egg beaten with 200ml.of milk or three slices of bread with milk .His breakfast time is 7.30 to 8 and if i forget he begins to make noise. only after feeding my pet i enter kitchen to prepare breakfast and lunch and after bf the morning shift is over by 10 AM.
    Next shift starts with the arrival of maid .After giving her instructions i sit with my laptop and start my work at home playing games,writing , reading,chatting with friends etc.etc.. After lunch i have a nap for an hour and before that my doggie has his lunch .Four'o clock get ready to make tea.Then grind idli batter on alternate days as my dh doesn't like the batter stored in fridge.Again my homework with lappy for an hour ,sit in front of the idiot box from 7 t0 8.30pm and then have my dinner ,take medicines and lie down on bed around 9.30 .

Now at this age i have a doubt whether i am a working woman or not .when my children were kids ,i was fully engaged whole day .No grinder,no mixie , no washing machine and no servant maid.i played many role as a cook,as a baby sitter and as a tution teacher .Do they not come under work category ?Hi friends can you clear my doubt and share your opinion

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

The only round the clock unpaid service/employment that has been in existence is your profession mmaa. Most of the times it is a thankless job too.

If this untiring job had no aspirants at all then long before the mankind would have become extinct.

SunPa, dc24, jskls and 6 others like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

GG happy to get immediate response from an affectionate son

GoogleGlass likes this.
  4. Bhuvana007

Bhuvana007 Silver IL'ite

A Great Salute to all Home makers! :)

periamma and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Yes you are a working woman, please have no doubt about it ever. Next time someone asks that, please say yes and add that you never retire. We women work all our lives, we never retire. My dad is enjoying his free time in retirement but my mum never really retired even after she reached the official age of working in a typical office setting.

sindmani, dc24, Anu14 and 2 others like this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

"retiring"

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Bhuvana007

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear .

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Periamma dear you are a working woman , only thing woman who goto Office have particular timing but you have to work from morning till night and take rest in between. Thanks for sharing your schedule. Working woman have to work in office and also take care of the house and children. I had been a working woman so I know their difficulties. My neighbours used to thinkthat I enjoy my life being a working woman but they dont know that we have to be under the control of our bosses , finish the work in time, go to office in time. Some feel that wedress up nicely and go to office but being a working woman we have to be dignified in office so we have to dress well and go. We have to finish our job in time and I could work peacefull in office and was successful in Office. For that I should thank my husband and I am blessed that he gave full support in helping me in the kitchen work and gave freedom for everything, though in some things he was strict. After working for 38 years I used to think how I am going to spend my time after retirement .

But thanks to God that after going through so many diffculties while working He has given me a peaceful retired life. In the beginning I used to think my children and grandchildren are not with us and only we both are there but then I understood that God must have thought I have worked hard all my life so He must have given me this life .

Thanks to my daughter who told me about this site and from that time I am working in a loving family and will be completing 10 years next year. Thanks to Jey and Malathy for this loving site. Now after my cataract operation I am able to do jewellery and other creations and I keep myself doing that with the inspiration and encouragement from everyone. I finish my cooking and pooja by 9 to 9,30 a.m. Then two days in a week go to temple and sometime shav eoutside work to do like going to the bank, market etc. Then I spend my time in computer and in between do jewellery , then have lunch me and myhusband. Give him his breakfast in time and his medicines. Afternoon take rest for sometime then evening have coffee and give some lightsnacks to my husband , then go to buy flowers and provisions if necessary or medicines and come back . Again spend time in computer then make some snacks for dinner , dosa, pongal or any other .

Thanks Periamma for this thread, I have finished my nominations , otherwise I would hav enominated your thread. Sorry for sharing my story and thanks for the same. Actually I wanted to write on this topic and you gave me an opportunity to write, thanks

sindmani, knbg, VaniVyas and 2 others like this.
  10. somsar2014

somsar2014 Silver IL'ite

Mrs Periamma

Good evening. If my mother asks me or my wife asks me whether she is a working woman , I shall say no. But my elder sister is certainly a working lady, (she being a head-mistress) . A working person works under a contract and his/her wages are related to the work / responsibilities discharged. There is also a service rule or code of conduct related to professional work. You can say work, in the terms of economics , is a way of earning livelihood. But, when you attended your kids , looked after your family members, you were doing "home-making" which does not earn you any monetary consideration or livelihood. If you have three or more rooms in your house, and if you are doing all the household work yourself, you, know you are to walk at least 4 KM a day. Does that make you a sportsperson? When you are taking your grandson/daughter , or earlier in your life, took your kids on your lap and worked, you were not exactly working in terms of economics.

Finally, the last line. What you should be called ? You are not working woman in the language and spirit of economics. You are an active caring home-maker. There are something which actually cannot be defined well, but if one must define , it is ACTIVE CARING HOME-MAKING .

Regards

sindmani and sslkgpaa like this.