1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"free-dom" At Hindsight – "independence Of Individuals"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Jul 26, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

you are one specimen neetu :) in the zoology lab :):):)

you (p)raise to heights and drop down deep beneath, too smart art.

what I meant is you are so nice and give fantastic chai by the window but just when about to taste, don't choke the throat :):):)

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Well said!

3. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Not sure whether I had caught the essence of your thread, but I will give some perspectives.

We can't put all the relationships under one umbrella. Yes they are relationships, but the degree of dependency or restraints would vary as well. Independence is kind of a relative terminology.

For example we can't compare one on one with some of the relationships. Familial relationship itself we can't compare, because we have close first degree, next second degree, then third degree and so forth. We or atleast most of us, would have strong bonding with our first degree relatives, even among then we tend to focus on own personal family and kids. Here we maintain a much more stronger feelings and emotional attachment with that first circle. We are bound not by restraints here, but by love and affection. If we start to think that as restraints then we would miss a whole lot on what a family gives us, the love, and mutual trust and understanding. In this circumstance we try to maintain a lesser invidualism, not that we forego everything, but basically it comes out of love and understanding. Never can we say just because a spouse/partner is letting go of some of his characteristics for the sake of maintaining familial stability he is losing his individuality or that he is bound by restraints. I would rather think that they as a couple are having a mutual understanding and that helps to maintain and enjoy that relationship.

When it comes the the second, third and so forth relatives, of course, it depends on how close that person is for that relationship. So here mostly they try to have some kind of restraints or should say want to maintain their individualism.

Well, coming to work place, yes, we try to maintain individualism and try to some extent expect to have our own space and freedom. But in any work place, it is definitely going to be a team role management. In that team we are able to express our self, our views etc, but you still have to give respect to the team decision as a whole. I am unsure whether we could ever be able to do things with our individualism totally or thinking without restraints or being total freedom. We need to understand the necessity of cooperation and for the benefit of the workplace as a whole.

Well, coming to virtual relationships, I would feel it is some what difficult to comprehend at all. Most of us don't know how we even look, let alone their personal characteristics etc. We decide on such relationships basically on how they write. But that doesn't mean anything. Let me give example, lots of good writers are here, including you and Viswa Sir and so forth and are able to eloquently put forth your views and people would be able appreciate it and understand your perspectives mostly easily. So it kind of gives a person, some more good picture of that person/personalities. Whereas there are some who are not able to portray with such a style. But in no way shows much about that person's characteristics, because of the lack of skill. So in this circumstance the virtual relationship, has very large boundaries and very difficult to compare it with other one on one facial/personal relationships. Of course we can talk about individualism here, yes , and that is the reason we are all able to discuss topics here. But still we need some kind of restraints in the form of forum ethics, sometimes personal restraints come into play, where we ourself tend not hurt others by direct answers. So there is some restraints inspite of individualism.

So with regards to relationships, individualism and restraints are basically bound by many factors, let alone the other factors which I have not discussed thinking about both sides etc.

Your choice of words actually are good, but I wasn't comprehending everything here. So I had just put forth what I think.

Cheers,
    Sai.

GoogleGlass likes this.
  4. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

I read/ mostly browsed some of these topics, maybe the term 'Interdependent' would give us more satisfaction in a relationship.

As far as any relationship goes, you need love and affection. Listen to this song called 'Photograph' by Ed Sheeran, you would sure like it. That is what makes all of us going on in this life, with all its hurdles along the way.

Giving the links for others view:
    SELF-Therapy: Three Kinds of Relationships
    Understanding the Continuum of Relationship Style
    Scared Separate: Healthy Dependence and Independence

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    kaniths and GoogleGlass like this.
  5. GoogleGlass

thank you kcb

PoojaShah likes this.
  6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Why GG why ??? all this :p:smiley:. Honestly I didn't get you...LOL...I tried to read it again but bounced off my head :D .

Forget complications and obstacles in relationships, your post complicated me now :biggrin:, nevertheless :beer-toast1:

7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Lol..loving it meens..No wonder we are friends. :kissingheart:
    I said the samething, he called me a specimen in zoo lab...thinking what he'll call you?
    may be a museum piece, decent enough ;)

maggi32, Scorpio707 and GoogleGlass like this.
  8. GoogleGlass

thank you Pooja.

9. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Guessing he would say - Other than love Scorps can't think nor feel anything else :smile::tongue: . But still curious what he'd call me now :thinking:.

maggi32, parineetha and GoogleGlass like this.
  10. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

Sir,
    These questions come to my mind reading your post.
    1. Did One define their boundaries correctly to the person concerned in the first place? (Can be anyone)
    2. What type of mixed messages if any, one is sending to the other?
    3. It cannot be like one day One need to interact with the other(s) and the next day One wants them to stay out of their boundary.
    If One Expects that someone to stay out of their life, One should say so.... Severing ties is as easy as clipping a nail but maintaining smoothful relations is tough!

I am not sure if I got the essence of your writing here just feel free to ignore this if it doesn't make any sense.

maggi32, GoogleGlass and Sairindhri like this.