1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Defending Salman Khan

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Defending Salman Khan

Todays papers were all about Salman Khan being found innocent of the charges of killing the black Bucks, and now still faces the charges of killing a deer or two. And we read about the activists raising a stink, saying this is unfair, and that Salman should be punished.

Are the activists saying the judges are corrupt ? What can the judges do, they have to go by the evidence placed before them. Salman it seems had a penknife on him , the one we all carry for emergency purpose to cut fruits etc. The judge found that it was not big enough to cut a black buck or a deer .The other evidence had holes, and so the judges let go of Salman.

And there was hue and cry over the road accident in Mumbai a decade ago. Yes agreed he may have been drunk and driving, and he ran over a few people sleeping on the streets, and a few died and some injured. By the evidence placed before the judges, they found loopholes, and set him free.

My defense of Salman does not mean I am a fan of his. I don’t watch all his movies, just selected ones. What I am saying is this. Salman did not murder someone in cold blood. This was not murder, this was an accident.He must have drunk hundreds of times, and driven, but jus this once this incident or accident happened.Dont we and our children drink and drive ? Its just that we have not been involved in an accident. So most of us are guilty of half the crime.

This was blown out of proportion because he is a famous film star. So many accidents take place, they are buried soon enough , and new ones are reported. But this one dragged for over a decade and a half, is it just because it was Salman Khan involved. Were not the people who died or were injured amply compensated by Salman Khan ?

And if Salman is at fault, are not the guys sleeping on the pavements at fault too ? they are sleeping on a space they are not supposed to .i have seen people ,maybe drunk, sleeping on the divider which is very narrow, with their one arm hanging on the road. Is there not a chance that their arm can get injured , specially at night with poor streetlights ? And a rashly driven vehicle by anyone, can bash into a building wall, go through it, but surely will not enter the bedroom of someone and kill the inmates, . Yes in a freak case of one in a million, maybe, but just imagine you are safe in yr flat from getting run over by the Salman type drunk drivers.

So these guys who sleep must know they are at an added danger from drunk and rash drivers, but since they have no where to go they take the risk and pay the price at times.i am not saying that they deserved to be killed in accidents, but they carry the extra risk. And are partly at fault for this.

And we must respect the judgement of the courts, if they have declared Salman innocent, the so be it. The case has dragged on for so long, and Salman too has suffered with a sword hanging over his head, tens of crores spent as per his father Salim’s statement, I think the family has been thru hell, so now let the ghost of the black bucks and the accident rest.

And I do hope Salman Khan would be wise to carry an extra driver with him when he goes out for a drink, that the bar owners have complimentary drivers available to drive drunk rich customers home complimentary, for they must be spending a bomb on the expensive drinks, so providing a driver will ensure the customer comes to u again and again . Win win for all.

Salman Bhai, slow down buddy, you are getting married , now don’t drink and drive, think of yr wife.i hope he listens to me, and the public listen to the judges, and accept the judgement.

What say friends.

KAMAL MAHTANI

PUNJABI: GOD GIVE ME ROOM FULL OF GOLD.

GUJRATI: GOD GIVE ME ROOM FULL OF DIAMONDS.

MARWARI: GOD GIVE ME ROOM FULL OF GEMS.

SINDHI: GOD GIVE ME KEYS OF ALL THESE ROOMS

When I heard the story of Gautam Buddha, my question was always about his wife and son that he left behind...this write-up by Vikram Bhattacharya touches that part of the story

---------------

He left her in the middle of the night, the night their son was

born. When she heard the news

she was devastated.

Yet, she did not complain but her

life lost all meaning. The only

reason for her to live now was

her son. She wanted him to grow

up to be a man that the world

would look up to.

Her friends and relatives came

around and asked her to forget

about the man who had left her

and start life again.

They asked her to marry again

but she refused. She was young

& beautiful & suitors queued up

outside her door, but she refused each one of them.

Then one fine day he came back !

He stood in front of her and she could hardly remember him as the man who had left her. “They call you the Buddha now?” she asked him gently.

“I hear they do,” he answered in

a calm fashion.

“What does it mean?” she further inquired.

“I think it means the enlightened one, a knower,” he informed.

She smiled and then a silence.

“I suppose we have both learned something. Your lessons O Buddha, will make the world richer in spirit, but my lesson will unfortunately remain largely unknown.”

she reflected deeply....

“ And what lesson is that ? ”

The Buddha probed.

Her eyes sparkled with unshed tears, “That a courageous woman does not need anyone to complete her.....

SHE IS COMPLETE ON HER OWN ”

Saluting womanhood for the Yashodhara spirit. !!!

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Kamal Sir seriously ?

vrikshakadali, NeetaR and Kamalji like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji leave alone respecting the court verdict, be it me or you or our children, it is wrong.

If one of us with no connections end up doing this, do you think we would have come out scot free?

Judgement migh look fair for lack of evidences or having been bought for a fair sum, it is never fair to all citizens.

4. BlackMan

BlackMan Silver IL'ite

It's a wrong thing to justify and release the convict on the grounds of lack of proper evidence,think of family of those victims.

NeetaR and inboxsweetee like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

This is nothing but reflection of the criminal investigation and justice system in India. We have seen similar cases in the US as well. How can someone, in a drunken state, drive on the pavement and kill innocent lives and set free by the court even without a misdemeanor? It may not be a homicide but it is a criminal investigation and reckless endangerment of lives of innocent civilians. Let us assume that these people were not sleeping on the streets but were in a motorcycle driving in front of him. Will that change the judgment?

Of course, the investigation was compromised by the wealth of this family. Even if Justices were not corrupt, they have to rely on evidence which can be tampered by the investigating team. Frankly, the Justices, if they were decent human beings, should have reprimanded the investigating team for doing a poor job and asked them to present better evidence instead of setting a alleged criminal free.

I know we are diagonally opposite in our views. But unfortunately, that is what I think. I can't comprehend justice being delivered as right if it is driven by the financial status, tampered evidences, political influences, etc.

Viswa

Cheeniya and Kamalji like this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

Looks like you have insider information. Is Salman getting married?

I think you wrote the snippet with a tongue in cheek humor.

But I do agree that it was because of the celebrity status that the case got so much attention and it was the celebrity status that the people are outrage at the verdict.

A few months back, a lady attorney in mumbai ran over a couple of people sleeping on the streets and they died. She was returning home drunk from a party that was hosted to celebrate her promotion in a company. The news lasted on Mid day newspaper just for a day. No reports after that.

There were also cases of sons of MLAs that killed people while driving drunk. Again, the news surfaced just for a day. No reports after that.

Personally, I think all people guilty should be punished including Salman.

Jokes were awesome and so was the story of Buddha. Yes, behind every successful man there is a woman.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ashima,
    Yes i am serious. As parents we will take our child's side in public but in private we will admonish the child for their behavior and action. Salim the father must have admonished Salman in no uncertain terms, i am sure. Salman had a driver, for this very purpose, but Salman behaved foolhardy to drive himself after being drunk.
    So defending him by his parents is natural.

And if he hunted down a deer or a black buck, so what. You cant hang a man for killing a fly.

Are we not guilty of driving after having a drink or two ? Have we not driven when oru licence has expired?
    That is why , though i dont approve of what he did, still i defend him, because just that he is a celebrity does not mean so much coverage and time taken for all this.

That is why i am serious.
    Regards
    kamal

leenarajaryan likes this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,
    let me answer u. if we had no connections and killed a buck, this would have been settled with a sorry, and some money exchanging hands.Simple
    Just imagine if your son or daughter had a road accident like this, would u defend yr child , or let them fend with the cops and public and the courts ?
    Cross your heart and tell me the truith.These things happen , they aer accidents, that is all.
    Regards
    kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Black Man,
    The families of the deceased have been well compensated by the insurance companies and the family of Salman. We all commit these white crimes, and get away.dont we drive when the licence has expired, or pay off the cops when we cross the red light ?
    We must respect the decision of the courts, and that is that.
    Regards
    kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,
    Well read my reply to Ashima. i just ask you, if Salman was your child, would u defend him or tell the courts , to sentence him to 5 years in jail?put your hand on yr heart and answer me.
    Regards
    kamal