Trying To Conceive.. But Having High Blood Glucose Level Diabetes.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by key123, Jul 25, 2016.

1. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Im trying to conceive. I have married an yr before and I'm 29 only. When we started for TTC we didn't find that I have diabetes.. But now every thing s normal. I controlled my blood glucose to 100 before food. But doc told to reduce some more. But if I get conceived with this glucose level.. Will it be problem.. Anyone had conditions like this. Pls help.. We r solo worried abt baby...

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Dnt be worried solo about baby...the parameters of body dsnt harm as much as the stress does. You have been trying for an year ..give some more time .
    Eat healthy ,"loose wieght , teach BMI , do it for yourself and baby too will come along.
    Good luck to you.

3. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello !

U have been just trying for a year, don't get stressed.
    It is recommended to get sugars under control before u ttc.
    Fasting should b less than 90 ideally.
    Try losing some weight and engaging engaging urself in some form of activity like yoga.
    Eat healthy and fix all the existing issues and prepare ur body before u start ttc.
    Avoid stress as much as possible ..
    All the best :)

4. key123

key123 New IL'ite

My ovulation ll start by next week. By the time the sugar level is below 90 ff. Shhall i TTC ? Or again wait for a month to reduce.. Coz by hba1c s 5.6 only. I dono y I get this sugar at this age.. I'm soo worried about baby.. Not able to concentrate on work. And I'm not sleeping properly.. Keep on worrying about it. Family also asking me frequently.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  5. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Why don't u meet a good gynaecologist and let the doctor evaluate u and get all the baseline tests done.
    If ur sugars r getting back to normal , u can ttc.
    U appear to be stressed with all this..
    Calm down my dear.. Don't get so anxious as this itself is very harmful of ur looking to conceive as it messes up with the hormonal imbalance.
    It's only been a year and ur already getting worked up.
    Just tell the people who ask u , that ur still not ready for a baby and that u shall inform them as soon as u conceive.
    Don't get ur body affected with all this stress n pressure.
    Take it easy and try to engage ur mind into something else along with ttc.
    Please read through this forum , u would feel that ur not alone and that might up ur morale..
    All the best ..

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are you over weight? High on bmi?
    Hba1c in normal range means that you are bringing the control in the sugar levels. If its high, either you were with high sugar levels in the past or your control on sugar levels isn't enough. Decide the things for your readings. What's your postprandial sugar levels? That to can tell your sugar control.
    If you conceive with initial sugar levels, with pregnancy it might become very difficult to control and you might end up with GD which in turn will affect you more. That's why sugar levels are given more importance in TTC.
    Be active throughout the day or at least after food. Do regular exercise and burn the fat stored in your body. That will help you.

Baby dust to you.

Agony likes this.
  7. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Hi..
    Thanks for ur reply.. I'm not over weight 59kg and bmi I haven't checked, height is 152. And my pp sugar level is 130. U mean I have to bring it down till 100? I cut all my sweet intake and also I cut rice also instead I'm having only millets,ragi and wheat. If my pp sugar reaches 100 I can try for baby right?. What s the normal sugar level to conceive.

8. Vasumathy

You can go ahead with TTC. But maintain diet throughout.
    I think your bmi should be above normal range of 25. But not in higher level too. Try to reduce a little each month all along TTC.
    All the best. Baby dust to you.

9. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I went to gynoc. With the report having fasting sugar:90 and pp: 140. Doc told its normal u can TTC. And also continue the activities which I'm doing for control sugar. She has prescribed folic acid tablet and duphaston tablet. What s the use of duphaston tablet. Im had regular periods last month. Then wht duphaston tablet ll do?

10. Vasumathy

Folic tablet is good for early baby mural tube development.
    Duphaston is progesterone supplement taken in 2ww. It will boost the chances of conception. Hope your doc cleared you when you should take and when to stop it.
    All the best.