1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me And My Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by padma0604, Jul 24, 2016.

1. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

2. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you @jskls !!

3. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thankyou @jayasala42 !!
    You are absolutely right. Mind always ponders upon what was not pleasing, I think it is a self saving inbuilt mechanism that we all have. We are prepared for the tough times all the time. The memories of mishaps are ingrained at the cellular level and they come up saying : "be cautious- things may go wrong any time".

And when too much of happiness is there we again worry. And as someone said, more often than not our worries never materialize in real life. If all our worries were to come true ?? My God !! Cannot imagine right?

Let us see, how far we can be aware of the tricky mind:)

Sairindhri and kaniths like this.
  4. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thankyou very much @ojaantrik garu.

You made my post beautiful with your comment upon the same. My heartfelt thanks for such an elaborate reply. Now I must read "The Ancient Mariner" by Coleridge.

I must say, I should learn to read like you and Cheeniya sir. You go deep into the subject and post your comments. I know what I mean when I write something, but for the reader to discern the same is not an easy task. I MUST learn to read, so that I can appreciate a work in a better manner.

"Bravo!! What a post. Only yesterday I read Srama's Random Thoughts and today I read this lyrical counterpart of Srama's tale.

When I read Srama's snippet I was bowled. I was thinking for the past few days to write this snippet and suddenly I saw her snippet and I was blown away by the beauty of it. She has a delightful and a very lively expression. That we thought about a similar thing took me aback actually. I felt happy.

Thanks once again.

Sairindhri, kaniths and Srama like this.
  5. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Padma, I had to look up to see if its poetry section I’m reading :p..Sounds like wonderful verse ya, free flowing like stream of thoughts.:thumbup:

You know I’m more fond of my heart than the mind..Mind is finicky, it can remain connected, but not attached. It’s the heart that associates to emotions, feelings, attachments etc.. I’ll say to tame/bind anything we need love. And that love is heart’s desire. Perhaps love can be anything & everything. Music is love, prayer is love, divine energy is love..and like you say nature is also love.

And at last when you tell a weary mind to ‘come home, stay put and look within’…I agree 200%, its all within..we have to seek and invoke that love to calm the restless mind. If not love, what else can? Atleast I can’t think of anything else.:facepalm:

iyerviji and padma0604 like this.
  6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

padma0604 likes this.
  7. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you @parineetha . Such an uplifting compliment !!!

Yes, you are absolutely right - ultimately it is love within, that has to manifest as peace and harmony. "Music is love, prayer is love, divine energy is love..and like you say nature is also love." You said it wonderfully.

8. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite