1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My whole week went by quickly without myself doing much. no exercise, a bit of cleaning and organizing. I baked almond cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Both came out well. I resumed walking today, did about 8 km. I also organized some documents today.

The regular work of cooking was the usual.

2. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

@akila , thanks for the concern dear. Now I am perfectly fit and fine. And yes there are some limitations in lifestyle like no lifting weights and no bending. I do have domestic help for household chores like vessels washing and sweeping and mopping. otherwise all well

shara

AkilaMani likes this.
  3. chithirainilavu

My normal weekday routine.

My day starts @4.30 or 4.45 a.m.

Around 5 I light the diya and other pooja vessels need to be washed, and set the pooja room ready for my DH. Simultaneously cooking also starts breakfast and snack box need to be packed for my twin girls who leave for school around 6.45.

By 6 I wake my DDs and DH for their milk and tea respectively and relish my tea also in between.
    get the kids ready and board them in the bus and I go for a walk say 3 km. that is my time. I enjoy this.

Back at home , read newspaper . By this time washing machine would have done its work, so drying clothes and simultaneously folding previous day clothes. Little strange to do it that early but I prefer that. If not that time then never it happens. And then cooking lunch and serve breakfast for DH and he leaves for office.

From 9 to 1 it appears to be free, but some small small works keep coming. My maid comes and then house needs to be set neat. from 1 o'clock again lunch for DH, 2o'clock kids are back from school and their lunch etc. I try to take rest from 2 to 4.

4.30 to 7.30 their extra curricular classes . Everyday they have something or other. Need to drop and pick them up. And then dinner preparation, keep things ready for the next day. Dinner and Wind up kitchen and Off to bed. Catch up with my reading. and Doze off.

I am a homemaker, my twin daughters are in 2nd std. and DH is a Defence officer. Due to transfers I didn't concentrate on my career much.

Long post, sorry girls. :grinning::grinning:. Thought of just introducing myself.

Shara

rachaputi, Bubbles, AkilaMani and 3 others like this.
  4. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@chithirainilavu lovely username, I am getting reminded chitra pournami moon (April month's full moon) whenever I see your user name. Btw, I too have cervical disc prolapse (3 discs) and I know how difficult it is. I am still doing physio exercises and managing somehow, its been almost 10 months since I got diagnosed with it and underwent treatement and physio, but the pain hasn't gone away, it has just become manageable. Some days are ok and some days I just can't do anything. Hope you get well soon.

Yesterday just had bread toast for breakast.
    Made rice, chicken curry, and rasam for lunch.
    After lunch, read newspaper for a while, took a nap. Did dishes.
    Evening went out with hubby, did physio exercises after coming back.
    Made rava khicdi for dinner, grinded idli batter.

AkilaMani likes this.
  5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am posting after a long time though I started off by committing that I will post everyday. Anyway weekdays are usual, waking up early and getting ready for office and school, then office 07.45 - 15.45 office, then back home, relax, DD arrives, snacks, relax, then gym, come back, prepare dinner, office calls, dinner and sleep.

Yesterday and today due to transport strike, DD's school has holidays so I am wfh. From tomm again regular routine. It is interesting to read all your schedules.

AkilaMani likes this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Today tried out a new receipe, a combination of some picked up from net and some from my own discovery of taste ;) thats for lunch.. for bf made sandwitch and prep seperately for DS.. was able to manage time today quite efficiently.. made food and then i got ready and woke DS and made him ready and both of us started from home quite early and everything happened in a smooth way :):):)

AkilaMani likes this.
  7. chithirainilavu

Hi everyone

@CB - thanks for the compliments for my username. Yeah disc prolapse is very difficult to manage. I had a nerve compression and had to go for a surgery. No choice. But taking lots of rest is the only cure and it will not worsen more.

My day was like normal routine. Not much chaos .
    Extra was Veggies shopping in the morning.

@Anu , nice to see you back.

@divya - nice going. Why don't you share the recipe here

Shara

AkilaMani likes this.
  8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

oh its the age old 'aloo ke parathe' but with a slight modification to match our south indian taste buds!! :)

AkilaMani likes this.
  9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shara, You have such a lovely routine. I am glad you have help with the household work. I understand the need to rest after the kids come home. I too feel this. Sometimes when someone comments that you have the time to rest when they were in school, I am not sure how to respond. I do have time, but in reality, there are so many small stuff to be done. I prefer a down time after the kids come back.

10. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Weekend and monday was crazy..had just cleaned the stove top, counter top on sunday. On monday kept dal in pressure cooker and the water came out and splashed on stove top and counter. Then while grinding in mixie, think i poured more water and it splattered all over the kitchen walls/vessels and on me too. Thankfully was wearing glasses at that time and it didn't affect my eyes. Still all the cleaning and scrubbing made me go :mad::BangHead:.

Thankfully yesterday was okay and kind of laid back..just the usual routine of cooking and working..nothing else. Thank God for such ordinary days.

AkilaMani likes this.