Watcha Cooking..??

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by blindpup10, Jul 24, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Just a causal thread to share what is cooking in your kitchen today.

I am foodie and so is my H.The BuzzFeed TASTY just gets my taste buds and me moving out of the bed so fast :yum::yum::yum:

My H also does Paleo (grain-less, just meat). So,70% of the time I am either planning, prepping or preparing food.

I cook Indian, Chinese, Mexican, American and Thai. I am always open to trying anything new.

Most of the time it will be American or Indian.

So let's share what everyone is cooking today. It will be a great inspiration thread to try out new things.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    meepre and momsky like this.

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi nice thread..we use to have similar thread earlier with some regular participants but it fizzled out. My DH loves only our regional food, the ones his mom used to cook and I cook mostly that only. I like to explore all types of cuisine and new dishes. Now slowly I am introducing other dishes and some he seems to like, some not so much. I would love to update here and get inspiration from others as well.

Planning to make chicken today and searching for a new recipe. Will update later what I did finally.

PS. How do I call you :thinking: blindpup/BP both doesn't sound ok to me :shakehead:

Sairindhri and blindpup10 like this.
  3. blindpup10

@chillbreeze
    Thanks for contributing to the thread... How did your chicken recipe go? What did you decide to cook?
    I know blindpup is a sad name.. just call me Pup :relaxed:.

4. blindpup10

Breakfast- Protein shake along with Eggs/ coffee.
    Lunch- simple rasam and rice for me. My H is going to eat my leftover Pizza :smilingimp:

5. centsibleindian

centsibleindian Silver IL'ite

chillbreeze likes this.
  6. chillbreeze

Thanks Pup, I made pepper chicken gravy and it turned out well...made it a little hot as both DH and I have cold now. Yesterday's dinner was rava khichdi, that again tried it for first time and it was good.

Today breakfast is idli with tomato gravy and lunch is bisibelabath with potato fry.

7. blindpup10

@chillbreeze -
    Nice! I love pepper chicken. Its one of my favorite chicken dishes. :yum::yum:
    It's been ages I ate good idli and chutney :tired:

Yesterday's dinner- Green peas pulao
    Today's breakfast- Bacon/ eggs/ coffee
    Lunch- Salad with turkey breast.
    Dinner- Shredded cauliflower saute/ pork tenderloin roast

chillbreeze likes this.
  8. chillbreeze

Aw...pup, the first thing that striked me in your post was your today's menu and was drooling over it, then looked up and saw that you had mentioned about idli/chutney. The grass is always greener on the other side:disappointed:.

Now my menu seems boring in front of yours. Anyway here I go:
    Today's bf: French toast
    Lunch: Rice, rajma and broccoli curry, pacha kollu rasam (horsegram grinded without boiling and made into rasam, good for cold and flu).

Yesterday dinner made to do with bf/lunch leftovers. Today also will be the same.

9. blindpup10

@chillbreeze-
    Oh no! your side is always greener :partyhat:. I love Indian.. After marrying my H who doesn't like Indian. I have just adapted into eating American. It's hard to cook Indian food for just one person :(

I love horse gram rasam. It's my favorite... Somehow I can never cook it how my mom prepares it.

Today's breakfast- Sunnyside up eggs/ bacon and coffee for my H. Bisibelebath/ coffee for me.
    Lunch- Salad with Pork tenderloin roast for my H. Bisibele bath for me.
    Dinner- Prepping Lamb haven't decided what to do with it yet. Any ideas are welcome

IMG_4097.jpg

chillbreeze likes this.
  10. chillbreeze

Hmm for me your side is greener. I love American, Italian, Continental, Chinese, and all Indian cuisine (specially Punjabi) whereas H likes just sambar and rasam. He doesn't even like fried rice, butter chicken and other north Indian dishes etc. Thankfully we have come to adapt and respect each other's choices.

And like you, I too feel its hard to cook one dish for one person and another dish for the other person. What is marriage life without a few compromises na!

Today morning its oats dosa with coconut chutney for breakfast. And have bought Palak for lunch. Yet to decide what to do with it (either palak rice or palak paneer).

PS. What dish you made with the lamb for dinner?

blindpup10 likes this.