Ramana Maharishi Says....

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Goodgod, May 6, 2016.

1. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question...... (A Punjabi gentleman ) How can I remove the spiritual drowsiness of
    my friends or of
    other people in general?

Maharishi...... Have you removed your own ‘spiritual drowsiness?’ The force
    which is set up to remove your own ‘drowsiness’ will also operate in other centres.
    There is the will-power with which you can act on others. But it is on a lower plane
    and not desirable. Take care of yourself first.

Question.... How to remove my own ‘drowsiness’?

Maharishi....... Whose ‘drowsiness’ is it? Enquire. Turn within. Turn all your
    enquiries towards search for Self. The force set up within you will operate on others also.

Sairindhri likes this.
  2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question.....An American lady asked Bhagavan what his experiences of samadhi
    were. When suggested that she should relate her experiences and ask if they were right,
    she replied that Sri Bhagavan’s experiences ought to be correct and should be known,
    whereas her own were unimportant. She thus wanted to know if Sri Bhagavan felt his
    body hot or cold in samadhi, if he spent the first three and a half years of his stay at
    Tiruvannamalai in prayers and so on.

Maharishi.......Samadhi transcends mind and speech and cannot be described. For
    example, the state of deep slumber cannot be described; samadhi state can still
    less be explained.

Question........But I know that I am unconscious in deep sleep.

Maharishi.... Consciousness and unconsciousness are only modes of the mind.
    Samadhi transcends the mind.

Question...... Still you can say what it is like.

Maharishi......You will know only when you are in samadhi.

Sairindhri and jskls like this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question...What is Brahma bhavana?

Maharishi..... Not to think “I am Brahman” or “All is Brahman” is itself jivanmukti.

Questioner.. asked about inspired action.

Maharishi....... Let activities go on. They do not affect the pure Self.

Sairindhri likes this.
  4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Question....What is nishkama karma?

There was no reply. After a time Sri Bhagavan went up the hill and a
    few followed him, including the pandit. There was a thorny stick lying on the way
    which Sri Bhagavan picked up; he sat down and began leisurely to work at it. The
    thorns were cut off, the knots were made smooth, the whole stick was polished with
    a rough leaf. The whole operation took about six hours. Everyone was wondering at
    the fine appearance of the stick made of a spiky material. A shepherd boy put in his
    appearance on the way as the group moved off. He had lost his stick and was at a loss.
    Sri Bhagavan immediately gave the new one in his hand to the boy and passed on.

The pandit said that this was the matter-of-fact answer to his question.

Sairindhri and jskls like this.
  5. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

Ramana Maharishi Quotes about Tiruannamalai Girivalam or circling the Tiruannamalai Hill.....

"The greatness of the Giripradakshina has been described at length in Arunachala Purana. To go round this hill is good. The word pradakshina has a very precise meaning. The letter “pra” stands for removal of all sins, “da” stands for fulfilling desires, the syllable “ksha” stands for freedom from future births, “na” stands for deliverance through jnana.”

“For everybody it is good to make circuit of the hill. It does not even matter whether one has faith in this Pradakshina or not, just as fire will burn all who touch it whether they believe it will or not, so the hill will do good to all those who go round it.”

“What better sadhana can there be than going round the hill?”

Tiruannamalai Girivalam Path

Siva Shakthi.jpg

Goodgod, vaidehi71 and suryakala like this.