1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right(eous) Timeline Of Affair?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Becos she decided we should eschew and she decides what's acceptable to post and whats not. Funny thing is we dont go and tell her what to write and what not to write, but she thinks she can tell that to others. If you want so much control, yeah Go Start Your Own Forum.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yikes! In one shot, Rags made us into mohalla aunties who say 'haw chee chee' for undignified acts. :eek:

:)

yellowmango and Laks09 like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What? How many splitter threads? I clearly don't read this forum often.

@Ragini25 and @yellowmango - I see right in what both of you have said. Why didn't the unhappy person get out? Why didn't the disinterested person get out? The chicken and egg problem - the unhappy person didn't get out because she was pressured by family. The disinterested person wants a marriage too, to save face in society. They were both in it for the wrong reasons.

@Rihana - I was never in the situation so I don't know. I hope I would have been rational enough to tell the guy it's over before beginning something else. There can never be a trio in any committed relationship. I also do hope I would have the courage to say yes I made a choice, instead of saying all his fault if it did happen. Now, under duress I have done things I said I would never do. You know things that I always thought was unfair, judged others for doing, I've still done it. And tried to find justifications for that in other ways. It's hard to own up to my own conscience. Maybe that's why it's a need to justify to others even on the www.

yellowmango and Rihana like this.
  4. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

The whole debate about "Values" have been ended up in transaction or trade what ever you name it, "what you don't get inside home and/or from your partner, get it from outside", it can be food, or it can be intimacy, be cool.

My debate was all about Values. For me, Values define what I am, what I will always do, what I will never do, irrespective of challenges and difficulties I face. My Values reflects my Soul, my Values are not for any trade or transactions. As long as I hold on my Values, I can come of the crisis gracefully, and I wont loose anything.

The impact of justifying an unjustifiable, and the ripples that creates across the length and breadth of the society will only shrink the collective conscience of the society. It could make at least some people to relax their value system accordingly, and be cool about it. It will only propel the society unworthy of living.

justanothergirl and Ragini25 like this.
  5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

APS45 - so well put.

6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear @madras2018 .....

This is online forum, as earlier mentioned OP should be strong enough to take variety of opinions before she/he posts on this forum. IMO if a member is too sensitive (who cannot take criticism) then better not to post anything. More over OP cannot see any of us, but she has to face the real world outside and has to face direct criticism if something goes wrong. She wouldn't have taken that decision if she is not that bold enough.

You have your own opinion, similarly others have their own opinions...If you do not like others opinions, similarly others may not like yours. more over if you observe, OP was strong enough to answer back all posts which she didn't liked.

Each member is different and their opinions are different, we cannot expect everyone to express the opinion which suits our point of view.

One thing I observed in that thread......OP almost disappeared & all other members ended up arguing.

I am sorry to say, but as Ragini said, you chased bruised away from IL. The way you spoke to her was not at all appreciated. When you say we should show consideration to OP, then we should show the same consideration to other members too. Just because of that OP, you lost a member in IL....after few months OP will be happy with her colleague by forgetting everything. Then why should we fight with each other & hurt each other in this forum?

Tell me onething, if every one starts supporting OP, then where is the point for discussion. So for every debate there should be different opinions, which makes the conversation to continue. So let us welcome all different opinions and accept that everyone has right to express their opinions.

But onething I want to say - just to support OP, we do not have to insult other members. The topic was on that particular subject of the post, and the discussion should be between OP and the other members. So our arguments/opinions should be limited to that thread only. Let us not be judgmental about other members when they express different opinions than ours.

I like that you hold strong opinions, but my suggestion is don't lose good friends here.

Don't form any opinion about other members just based on their opinion expressed in a particular thread. Infact if you observe & read Ragini's other posts, her views and opinions are so clear and good.

I am sorry If my post hurts you. My post is only a suggestion. Take it or leave it, but don't get offended.

7. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

My dear @kcb - bruised234 made deregatory comments at me and then proceeded to delete them when yellowmango called her out. If she felt they were appropriate comments to be made, why did she delete them ? I won't stand for it if someone needlessly takes low-brow shots at me. I defended myself (not OP) and was hardly the one to initiate. She drove herself out, she embarassed herself. She was probably smug in the feeling that I wouldn't retaliate. I didn't jump the gun to fire at her just because she held strong opinions on a third party OP. . You can't drive anyone out of IL. People do that themselves. When you can say that an OP must be strong enough to take criticism and they shouldn't post if they are too sensitive -then same applies to that bruised234 user too. If people can make a cheap low-brow comment on someone's life (in this case mine), they cant complain if they get it back in equal measure.

"I like that you hold strong opinions, but my suggestion is don't lose good friends here. " - I didn't come here seeking friendship with strangers. I expect to give and take respect. I expect to give and receive help from people with meaningful life experiences. Not abuse.

You are entitled to your comments as I said. I hardly had any comments to make about disagreeing. I just didn't support the name-calling. And if you look at the thread now, it looks like the moderators didn't agree with it either. They've taken down redmaverick's post, moco's post & surprisingly looks like they cleaned up bruised234 post too.

So goodluck defending yourself on this topic.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Vipasana, NeetaR and kcb like this.
  8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

oh I wonder why :)
    Delicate daisies who get hurt don't post threads about an EMA and solicit opinions. Thats a red flag. I did Rags job....
    @Ragini25 u owe me samosa and masala chai when u are in town next.

Sairindhri and kcb like this.
  9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your reply @madras2018.

What is there to defend here? I am not defending anyone or myself here, as I mentioned earlier it was just a suggestion. That's it.

Only thing made me to give that suggestion was - the sentence you wrote in your previous post - "Keeping Ragini in ignore list". You have all rights to add any one in your ignore list, but there is no need to tell that person that you are in my ignore list. Don't you think that hurts the other person dear? Just because our opinions differ, it doesn't mean that we have to hurt each other. You can always express your dislike in a polite way too.

Sairindhri and Laks09 like this.
  10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@justanothergirl ....Can I join the samosa party? :)

I can get you some mirchi bajji (my favorite) :)

Sairindhri and justanothergirl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.