1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All About Educational Toys/books To Keep Your Child Occupied.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by blindpup10, Jul 15, 2016.

1. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

DS/22 months/US

9 months is such a fun age OP! That's when my son started sitting for longer stretches and paying attention to books. At that age he liked board books with simple rhymes and books with pictures of animals and every day objects (look for books with picture of one object per page for this age). Here is short list of his favorites at that age
    1. Brown bear Brown bear by Eric Carle (popular with all babies I know, he still loves this)
    2. Good night moon- Margaret wise brown
    3. The going to bed book- Sandra Boynton (We have a few other Sandra Boyntons as well and he likes all of them)
    4. Where is baby's bellybutton- Karen Katz (Its a lift the flap book and he learnt the names of his body parts from it. He also likes Where is baby's Mommy by the same author and Daddy hugs (A cute book for daddy to read to baby).
    5. Baby Touch and feel books (farm, first words, animals etc)
    6. Mr. Brown can Moo - Dr. Suess (still a fav, moved on to the full version now)
    7. Head, shoulders, knees and toes, and Wheels on the bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider - I do these with actions and sing them

at 22 months he can sit through longer books and loves all those early readers by Dr. Suess. His favorites are The cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss' ABC and P.D. Eastman's Are you my Mother. I used to get sick of reading these over and over again until I realized that he had actually memorized them. He can make the sounds of the word that comes next or do the action before I read the part, which is pretty exciting so I have a renewed interest now hehe.
    Also all of Roger Priddy's big books- The Big Animal book, Big Truck book and Big Word books are popular here.
    there are lots more but I will stop now :)

blindpup10 likes this.
  2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@preesmiles-
    Thank you so much for the book list. I have ordered them. I am looking forward to reading with my DS.