1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Meet Your Partner?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DiyaKaur, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Hi Diya..
    Mine is Arranged marriage... this Online thing works... I found my soul mate via a matrimonial website. I met few guys before settling for him..And we just met twice and finalized (roka happened).. we continued our talks over 6 months to know each other better..Its the time where you can talk and understand each others likes,, moods..reactions..you will come to know the person somewhere like 60-70% but The true understanding comes only when you start living together..... share small small things..be happy in each others achievements and fight over petty issues but make up for it before you go to bed.. I believe There is no relationship that doesn't require adjustment,, Its about how much are you willing to without hurting your self ego!! Thats all.. People don't prefer arrange marriages because of not knowing the person fully or the risk involved is more. but i guess if you are willing to understand, love and give your full ,any marriage, be it love or arranged, will work.
    All the best to you for your search.. you ll sooner or later find your soul mate.. :) keep searching and keep your priorities clear.. You never know when you ll meet your better half!! :)

2. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

True, Rags! Also, internet trawling for a person's details is super easy nowadays if your know their name and approximate location.

3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

4. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Since you were born in a foreign country, I think you should not go for arranged marriage. Even if it is arranged marriage, it would be better if you go for someone your family knows very well. But I definitely think trying the matrimony sites is not such a good idea. You can't really know much about a person you meet through these sites. I think it is better to marry someone who has been born in your country than go for someone born in some other country - if it is arranged marriage. If it is love marriage, since the two of you will interact for quite some time and get to know each other well, it should be okay. Be open to marrying outside your community since the probability of finding someone within your community and within the same country is considerably lesser than if you were born in India - like if someone is interested in you and they are localites, be open to that possibility aka love marriage. And take it easy, don't get too worked up on it.

5. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

Arranged through mutual family friends

6. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

I met my husband at my post graduation. he was my senior. Since the course was at university no clases will happen. he used to help me a lot with notes and help me with subjects.

Then one fine day at college he proposed and i accpetd. We are happily married and in 7th year now :)

yellowmango likes this.
  7. Jackline

Jackline New IL'ite

I met my husband on shaadi.com 4 years back and married for 2... Im happier than ever :cheer:

8. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Arranged marriage through marriage broker.. saw him just 6 days b4 wedding.. :laughing: on April 1st.

Induslady and Jackline like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I want someone to post to say that they married their de-anonymiz(s)er. Is deanonymizer the same as animizer ?