1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@ Bubbles-OMG!! You do so much work! Full fledged breakfast/ lunch and dosa batter is way too much kitchen time.
    Once in awhile just go on kitchen strike. It will get your husband to behave.

Bubbles likes this.
  2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

@blindpup10 :lol: I love the idea.. kitchen strike! :roflmao:

Yesterday was good.
    Cooking
    Breakfast for H.
    Lunchbox for H.
    My lunch
    - didn't get to make curry as baby got up in the morning just as I finished H's breakfast, but made do with dal powder and chips and curd.. God bless instant mixes, and family which sends them to you!
    Evening tiffin - french toast. :angel:
    Dinner
    Put Baby's laundry (non-clothes). Cleared up her toys to show off a neat home, 5 min before H. came :smilingimp:
    Bath: yes. Feed Baby veggies: yes. Take her walk:yes. :banana: Quick skype session for her with grandpa.
    Ahhhhh....dream day... touch wood. touch wood.

3. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

MON night - baby slept well - TUES went well, with proper cooking, eating and feeding baby. Night - bad sleep : she played from 2 to 5:30 am. :cry: So (WED) Sent H. to work with no breakfast or lunch. H didn't protest, as I 'd left a note on the fridge door (and he probly was happy about the food the last couple of days :p) After catching a few winks, geared up, and cooked for the day. Productive. Had food ready for H. too to eat at night. Did some laundry. Took Baby to playground, and let her play. Night, she slept well again... I think she needs that level of physical exertion? :thinking: THU Baby got some vaccination shots, so quiet day at home. Didn't do much except stay with her. And no, she didn't sleep well again - played from 4 to 6:30am and then went to sleep.
    Today, I will take her to the playground again, and let her tire herself well. Gotta check out my theory.

I always knew the way to man's heart is through his stomach (its true for women too - atleast me.. ;)) But it was revelation-al to see it have such a positive spin-off on my (?spoilt?) DH. :D And this, when he had been refusing homecooked food, saying you take care of baby!!! He actually said his lunches were GREAT!!! :yikes: Poor new daddy - he means well, but is confused. Anyway, its a useful lesson for me, and I'm glad. And to be fair, he got me a treat from outside one of these days, without even asking.. and ordered food from outside yesterday. :rolleyes:

Now I'm in more of a steam to get baby to try a lot of healthy stuff. So home stuff is getting relegated. Planning to attack atleast one cleaning task per day, after H. comes home.. don't want to compromise on play-time with baby as well. And he will also get to see what I'm doing..:smilingimp: hmmmm.

@AkilaMani I am playing around with freezing some stuff : like preparing double portion of dal and freeze half, same with coconut paste for kuruma, tamarind water, etc... I'm trying to make a routine of it, but the only thing thats working is cook double and freeze/refrigerate half.
    Is the exercise run going well?

@cliona how are you? Thinking of you...

cliona likes this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi Bubbles,

Hi Bubbles,
    Good going dear ! Well I wonder if all sahms go through the phase which you are going through. I did. But I wasn't as pro active as you. Great planning especially freezing stuff......
    I was busy the last few days at work... Lot of lag had to be cleared and scans and tests.... All going OK for now.
    Dear blindpup
    Kitchen strike worked :) hubby cooking curry right now.. .. Yay !!!!! It's been long time since he cooked. Thanks
    Cliona

Bubbles and blindpup10 like this.
  5. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Yesterday went okay. Couldn't cook for myself, made do with poha in milk with sugar, chips, banana.. (dont tell H.! :wink:) H. was sweet - got me a bagel in the evening. Made applesauce for baby and stored it. Kitchen is a mess, because H. didn't let me do any chores day before (baby had shots). Managed to handwash those that can't go in the dishwasher - even that was a lot. Went with baby to the park for a quick stroll with H.

@cliona Thats awesome!!!! :banana: Tell me how you did it : what did you tell him?
    Its always so rejuvenating when you get your scan done, and you know baby is doing fine right ? :D
    How's the search for someone to take care of the clinic going?

We were talking about baby's foods and I happened to laugh something off saying its an effort to get 3 meals on the table...and H. just said "You can, if you wish." And went on to casually mention how one of his friend's wife sends breakfast and lunch for him everyday, despite having a 5 year old, and a similar 9-month baby! :mad: :mad: Luckily, I knew this lady - so I coolly shot back that their 9-monther has been sleeping through the night since 3 months so there! And chided him gently not to compare.... Husbands!!!:shakehead:

6. blindpup10

My H is on a hike. So, I have lot and lot of free time on my hands today. All I did was to sleep when DS slept.
    Didn't even bother with breakfast. I had made bisibele bath yesterday. Ate that and passed out after I fed my DS his breakfast.
    Now Kinda hungry.. Will order pizzzaaaa and my DS will be awake for few more hours planning to spend some time and will go back to sleep:sleep::sleep:
    @cliona- Great going. Kitchen strike always works :tongueclosed:
    @Bubbles- Yes I hate begin compared too. 2 kids 3 kids same situation. no to being compared. Everyone's situation is different.

Bubbles and cliona like this.
  7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@cliona[/USER], happy to see that you are inspired to tackle your wardrobe. During pregnancy it is a little tricky. Maybe you can keep all that fits now and will fit in the next few months in the wardrobe and think of storing the smaller sizes and reevaluate them after a few months of delivery. This will ensure that you will not get rid of something that you would regret later.

@Bubbles, I did not do any workout this week because it was the time of the month for me. I went for an 8 km walk today. Did a lot of cleaning and organizing work at home which feels good. I tried inserting the previous to-do list but couldn't. I will try attaching my master list, hopefully you will be able to see it.

Routine.png
    The way to a man's heart is though is stomach and I too learned this lesson :)

Nice to know you are able to prepare double portions and use it later. Keep trying out new things to freeze and see how it works out for you.

OMG!! my system restarted as I was typing... thank goodness it retained most of what I had typed out :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    tcbhuvana, Bubbles, BDivya and 2 others like this.
  8. blindpup10

@AkilaMani :worship2::worship2: amazing chore chart! I am gonna use it.

AkilaMani likes this.
  9. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@AkilaMani super chart..I just write down the list to do for a week but never went beyond that. This is great, me too gonna use it.

AkilaMani likes this.
  10. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

I love it too when H takes off on a weekend for a game.. :D:smilingimp: Its like, party time baby! I suddenly get too lazy to go to the kitchen, catch more sleep, skype home.. I try to get him get me lunch from outside, to boot:biggrin: Happens only occasionally, but when it does..:banana:
    @AkilaMani :worship2: You rock, as always! How do you manage to actually do this?!!! Wow, you ARE a superwoman ..you cook awesome meals, throw cooked-parties (read your old post), walk, swim, take care of kids...you must teach us the science and art of doing this! No wonder your H. feels he's one lucky man - he is!!
    I enjoyed your old post immensely. Excellent writing, your style was so simple yet eloquent.. and it made reflect a lot.. I felt maybe I hold my H. to high standards - in emotional / maturity / understanding aspects.. (probably just like what he expects from my home duties) and get upset when I feel he isn't behaving in a 'nice H' way. Uhm...I'm struggling for the right words here...Its like, reading your post made me think that maybe there is a different way of handling things - not in my high-expectation-equality-fairness-cryHoarseTillHeHeedsSomewayOrTheOther-feminist way, but in a dignfied way...handling things that you must handle, without resentment, to the best of your ability, and enjoy yourself doing it, not worrying too much about H. - and calming him if possible - and they will surely notice, not only your work, but also your deft handling of it..
    I mean, the way you answered calmly despite being in a whirlwind yourself.. and not losing your cool when H. comes popping, not really helping, but making you more nervous.. I would have fizzed and whooshed. Atleast, turned grim. Maturity.(Salute)

As for how my day went, well not a very productive weekend. Both days we planned to go out, but thunderstorms and lightning kept us in. So on Saturday, lunch was late, and we just went through the regular cook-eat-babycare cycle. Sunday, I was prepared for all eventualities and I got lunch ready on time - well, 1:40pm on the table, but I'm proud seeing I started at 12:45pm, after putting baby to sleep. What I'm really proud of was that I finished breakfast and lunch in a total of 1 hour (in stretches) - and knowing that I took only that much time made me feel less blaaaah at the end of it. It was again a cook-eat-babycare-dishes day, but after a long time, got time to yap with H. (Even if I had to ground him to do it ;) ) And now, its another Monday...:treadmill:

AkilaMani likes this.