1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Changes We (dil's) Made @ In-laws Home

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by charanya147, Jul 9, 2016.

1. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Ditto here. Hubby gave almost double the amount to his mum for what she was expecting by selling raddi. She still went ahead, visited the raddi shop and had a huge argument with raddiwala that he cheated us. When he mentioned that DH just gave away scraps and not asked for money, she went bonkers:rage::rage:

charanya147 likes this.
  2. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Ha ha ha..... How embracing it would have been for you to see her fight with raddiwala na........ I think it's not for the money, it's because you gave away the papers in her absence na..... Thats the reason.....

3. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

yes. you are right. but what could he have done? he had told his mommy darling to get the scrap out of garage almost a year back. When she had still not removed it when we visited her after a year and instead removed his car outside the garage to make more room for the scrap, he lost it and gave away every piece of scrap and raddi. sometimes, I cant not comprehend her logic.

4. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Yes.... Many people have the habit of stocking things like plastic dabba, spoons, plastic covers, year old papers etc..... They itself doesn't know when they will use it... But keep them for ever..... Thats their treasure..... Even if they refill those , there may be some sense... But they will keep on accumulate these things. Only God knows the reason for these peoples action :facepalm::BangHead:

5. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

:roflmao:
    That was really funny!!!
    Well, I really don't even remember what change I brought to In laws house.
    Well, I had lots of change because of them, never believe people!!!!;)
    Moreover all have multiple characters in them!!!!:eek:o_O:facepalm:
    I learnt to recognize those, thanks to my MIL, for helping fine tune my brain with regards to that!!:cool:
    I can see through people and analyse their behaviour!!!:tonguewink:

See what a great effect my marriage has given me!:D I really don't care what I contributed to them, as long as I had been the beneficiary for attaining such great skills!!!:lol:

charanya147 and songbird46 like this.
  6. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

Stale food is one of the biggest problem for me ... I was with in laws for 2 months after wedding .. And as I was new I never objected eating old food since she was eating as well but not giving FIL and not letting eat Bil though she gave it to 83 yr old grand maa... It was like 6 days a week both the time eating old food .. I used to ate 3 chapati out of which 2 were from last meal.. Almost 6 days a week both the times... Previously it was like if some time something got left like rice or daal I used to make any other thing out of that since it happen once in 10-15 days or so and I mistakenly told this to mil. My was so hurt when she offer me chapati from previous day even when I was coming here .. It was my last meal at her place that day.. And she told me beta kal ki roti bhi hai... I was really hurt.. I was thinking who will eat your stale roties from tomorrow... After coming here I started telling DH and anyone regarding my disliking about her eating everyday stale food.. She might come to know and when I last visited her she was telling she don't prepare extra food.. Then I remind her how she used to make extra roties and I used to eat every time left over.she was mum.. Then one day she was telling something like that I rejected saying I don't like eating left overs, she said you were saying me you make new stuff out of old one.. I can not through food.. I said you don't need to through.. Here you can find cows and dogs everywhere .. Give it to them. Once she was telling me to celebrate baseda( it's a one day ritual in north India eating left over the whole day) I refuse by saying for you it's an everyday affair and said for me it does not make any sense. It's not like I can not eat occasionally but after eating left overs for 2 months twice a day I just got pissed off. DH behaves in the same manner.. Can not throw food.. I let him eat.. Usually I don't cook extra but sometime when I am not pthat hungry it happens... It's once in a while.. Sometime I eat something .. But I find no way to deal with it.. I just failed to make him realize that it's not helping his system...

charanya147 likes this.
  7. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

LOL eating leftovers/stale rice seems to be in fashion in every inlaws home.
    In my parents home, my mom made sure none of us would have to eat any leftovers.

Anyways, here are few changes I made, still need to make more changes :-

1) MIL had habit of not washing veggies before cooking or she would jus keep veggies under running tap water for 1second and remove saying she washed it :-/ ----> I wash veggies well and tell them how much it is important to wash well as lot of germs and dirt comes along with veggies.

2) MIL uses clothes washing bar [e.g. RIn soap] for washing utensils. I changed it with utensil washing powder.

3) They didn't hire a maid for daily sweeping and mopping. once every 10days or so only house is cleaned. [yuccckkkkk]
    HenceI made DH talk to MIL and get a maid for daily sweeping and mopping.

madras2018 and charanya147 like this.
  8. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

I was able to change 2 things at my MIL's house in all these 6 yrs.

1. That was the fourth day in my in laws house. MIL planned for a chicken roast. I used to help her in kitchen. for Chicken Roast she took a small box of ghee like paste from Freezer:astonished:. When i asked her what was the paste all about she told me a very good story. When every they get Parotta from hotel, they will get a non veg salna/curry. She collects the oil that floats on top of the curry in that small box, because that oil will have flavour chicken, masalas. And as per my MIL, since she keeps that in a freezer, it wont go stale. Note: Even ice cream wont freeze in the freezer. That is how she will have the chillness set.

So if we add part of fresh oil + that ghee like paste to the chicken roast that we prepare at home, that chicken roast will have a very good flavour of hotel:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

From that day i stopped eating chicken at her house and this was a great argument between me and my husband. then i explained him the full story. he then spoke to his mother and educated for 1 long year to maker her under stand and now it is not stored.

2. When my MIL gets mil from Dooth wala, for the matter of saving LPG, she will keep the milk in the refrigerator without boiling. When she prepares tea in evening she will boil that morning milk and inorder to avoid sour smell out of milk, she will add more water to the milk while boiling.
    Once when my mil was not there i made my husband to stand near the stove when the morning milk was boiled without adding water. The whole houseitself stinked for the whole evening. Then again he had to educate her for a year and long to avoid this kind of practice.

Thank God i dont stay with her. Though she is a nice lady, many stuffs like this makes me to have a distance from them

deeprapriya likes this.
  9. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

@sanarthi, the parotta oil for chicken is beyond the limit....

10. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Yes Deeprapriya. There are many things like this. These are the ones i could change. :neutral:

deeprapriya likes this.