1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Expensive Higher Education

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,
    i agree with u. let the student pay.Upyo graduation, the duty is of the parents. Anything after that, let the children take loans, the parents are not to be held respobnsible.
    Regards
    kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    Fees , well that is a different subject, i feel, let the market decide the rates. passports is a good idea, and if one is in default, he should be refused to travel abroad.
    The song, i was going to delete after pasting it here, i thought it is too long, but then let it be posted.Glad u and a few others liked the song.
    Regards
    kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,
    A friends two daughters have gone abroad, and when they come back all that education will not be utilized, they will be married off, and crores spent just for that stamp, that my daughter is studied abroad, and that she gets a good match. She will soon be married and plump after mariage with kids arriving soon. i see such examples around these days.
    Nothing wrong in studying abroad, and spending crores if the parents are willing to spend happily.But that education must come in use, the girl must work, make money, and prove that eduication came in use.But to soon get married, and be a housewife, makes no sense to me.i may be wrong.
    Regards
    kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Agatha,
    i would have told Guru Dutt, that see, Waheeda is enjoying life, has forgotton you, is this lady for whom u gave yr life for ?
    Bouncers u mean. But that does not solve the problem, they can threaten, and u can complain to the police, but these bouncers cant get the money back.
    WE have a long way to go in credit ratings, so that the banks can blacklist these defaulters, or force their employers to pay up the installments.
    Regards
    kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Simple practical suggestions, Satchi.Yes i too wonder.HAHA
    Regards
    kamal

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear SS,
    our parents did not put the homes on mortgage to get us educated.they gave us the basic education, and we made it later on our own steam.Our duty is till the college years, and anything beyond we are not bound even morally to pay for that expensive education.
    sio i beleive
    Regards
    kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,
    You want me to live as long as Khushwant Singh, to eat drink and make merry till 99 ? HAHA

Regards
    kamal

8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Good idea Kamalji.

But lending M a whopping 9000 Crores and letting him lose doesn't justify going behind students.

That 9000 crores could have educated freely students for decades coming - give free education and develop more and more morally responsible citizens to enter and do business legitimately.

Sending them out as debtors will badly spoil their morale and instigate them to look for quick rich debt free life, leading to more M's.

Kamalji likes this.
  9. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

kji..
    very relevant and also one more phenomena which i have been witnessing recently is that its become a social compulsion to send kids abroad for undergraduation which is so expensive as you dont get any scholarship..now how much does a 16 year old really know about financial implications?? its the parents who should put their foot down and not indulge if they cant afford.. higher studies is a different ball game thats when the child is 22 + and can take risks.. however parents should always make it clear that any loan/ expense is what the student will repay.. however most of the times our indian parents tend to indulge the child and then repent.. saying no and being firm is not accepted in our society

Srama, Kamalji and satchitananda like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

You beat me by miles when I am still researching higher education costs in the US by writing this snippet. Cost of education is the single largest debt in the US totaling up to $1.3 Trillion based on the latest report. Average American student is indebted to get collegiate education. Mostly the professionals have more debt. There are reports that this debt is slowing them from getting married and even if they find the suitable life partner, delay having children.

Viswa