Baby Stomach Measuring Small

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Shri211, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Shri211

Shri211 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

So I had my morphology scan today.. all looked good, except my baby's abdomen...it was measuring less than 5 percentile... doctor said we will monitor the growth in two weeks time.. since rest all measurements were corresponding to the estimated gestational age, doctor said there isn't anything to be done here except wait and have growth scans ...

but given my history, I can't stop panicking..again the two week wait here is stressful...
    .does anyone have any idea on this?

2. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@Shri211

I have no clue regarding this.

But ur Sonologist said its ok right ? I understand why ur panicking .. It's natural.
    Keep faith.. N trust ur doctor. Why don't u discuss it with ur gyn?

3. Shri211

Shri211 Bronze IL'ite

Hi agony,

I spoke to my doctor...noone said it's normal...but they just said it doesn't mean anything is abnormal...it could be nothing or mean anything...all we can do is wait and watch..chances are it's nothing since other measurements are on par and rest of the baby looks good..

4. Shri211

Shri211 Bronze IL'ite

I have follow-up growth scan in 2 weeks.again the wait is killing ..this whole pregnancy has been stressful..without any respite...every scan a new thing comes up..the only respite is that the problems get solved by itself..I m assuming and praying that even this will be fine..

5. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

I totally understand...
    But I just hav one advise, leave it to the almighty.
    He will take care of everything.
    Pray hard..
    Like u said , this problem will also resolve on its own ..
    Keep faith.
    Try to distract ur mind.
    Don't google about it. Will increase ur anxiety.
    Prayers with u..
    Everything will b alright

Shri211 likes this.
  6. ramyasubash

ramyasubash Bronze IL'ite

hi @Shri211

even i faced the same situation, each time scan, eating alot to increase baby s abdominal circumference and weight, worry, google, etc.. and result my baby has very little milk but is active. bit low in weight, but doctor said ok. so dont worry, face the situation without worrying. be relaxed. pregnancy is a hide and seek game giving happiness and worries. be cool

ashima10 and Shri211 like this.
  7. Shri211

Shri211 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

It's quite a relief to know your kid is doing great...did you follow any particular diet or did anything particular to increase abdominal circumference?
    My doctor is against excessive binging saying it may lead to GD..but I fear maybe I m.not taking enough..anyways I have increased my protein intake..so just can wait and watch
    Thanks for your reply though :)

8. ramyasubash

ramyasubash Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I had simmom but her weight n AC didn't increase much but my weight got increased and I was in protein diet. When she was born was having 2.5 kg weight . So don't panic and enjoy your pregnancy journey

Shri211 likes this.
  9. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shri,

We went through exactly the same issue. AC wasn't increasing but rest of the things were okay. My Doc wanted to be doubly sure and had me in hospital for a few days. There was nothing specifically mentioned or observed, however. At birth , the baby was just 2.2kgs and it took quite some time to help him gain weight. But that too was not something scary. It's just that they need to reach the target weight. Sometimes if either you or your DH are tall, the baby tends to have longer limbs which need space and so the AC doesn't increase is what one of the mid-wives had told me. Provided that limbs increase is above the target percentile. I so know the situation you are in, wondering what's happening but trust in God, all is well. I wouldn't say don't bother , coz that can't happen but will say try to be as calm as possible. Please do go for regular scans, they will at least give you some info, coz knowing things will reduce your anxiety. I just shared my experience to tell you, you aren't alone. Good luck and congratulations for your baby bump

Shri211 likes this.
  10. Shri211

Shri211 Bronze IL'ite

I am trying to incorporate atleast two egg whites in a day..but since I am alone here it sometimes gets too tiring and difficult to ensure to have a "proper wholesome meal" along with managing office.
    I am planning to get my parents around delivery time as that is When I may need extra help...
    I did have a scan yesterday..n the AC has increased from less than 5 percentile to 7 percentile now...I dont know if it's any good progress, but my relief is baby is growing.. doctor said it's still small but all we can do is monitor growth .I was a very lean child when I was young so probably it's the genes.