1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me And My Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by padma0604, Jul 24, 2016.

1. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

"Oh my dear mind, you are so restless.
    Where are you searching for joy and peace?

Can you not feel the gentle cool breeze bringing along with it great joy to you?

Can you not see the moonlit night showering an abundance of peace upon you?

Can you not smell the wafting fragrance of the white lillies arranged beautifully in a vase, trying to reach you and melt your heart?

Can you not hear the rustling of the leaves singing just for you and your heart to turn into ecstatic rapture???

Can you not see the sky breaking into a rainbow enchanting your world?

Can you not see the early morning due, dancing on the tip of a grass blade, shimmering and spectacularly breaking into myriad rainbows as the morning sun rays touch them? How joyful is that to see such beauty right in front of you?

Can you not feel the love from the universe flowing unto you in abundance??

Can you not feel the beauty that you are? The divine spirit that you are?

Oh my dear mind, come back to the roots, come back to the moment, be present:
    Bliss is here, now - be aware!!

No one can fill your cup of happiness for you. Nothing is beyond or outside you."

I try to tell my weary mind, "Come home, stay put, look within."

My mind turns back helplessly and asks in a feeble voice: "How? How do I do it? How do I look within? Do tell me."

I think, but alas I have no answer.

Let there be a dawn, when my mind awakens to the divinity that I am!
    Let there be light when my mind understands that Joy IS !!
    Let there be a moment - when I am aware of the moment.

sindmani, VaniVyas, dimhere and 11 others like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Very true, we keep searching for what we have, failing to notice.

Mindless mind we have made it. If all this could be made a lovely screen saver, it will keep running, while we keep ruining our time.

3. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

So true! That question has been there for a while, especially my mind being restless and well where would peace come if it is restless!:(:confused:

Really good write up on my mind, me alone know how it has run around for a while, it needs some rest and peace and to enjoy the real life enjoyments!:)

Thanks.

4. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

5. creativemind23

creativemind23 Silver IL'ite

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Living in the moment will let you enjoy all this. So true that being aware will get you there

padma0604, ojaantrik and Sairindhri like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The cool breeze reminds you of some violent storm you faced;
    The clouds and the rainbow reminds you of heavy rains that flooded the house in Chennai.
    The blossoming flowers in a particular makes you sad because the other tree is afflicted by some pest problem.
    During'yes' hrs also you think of 'no's.

Our mind is unique.If you start enjoying all the things around you,suddenly you start worrying why there is nothing to worry about.When we see a small black spot in a white paper, we forget the bright white paper and start thinking only about the microscopic black dot.
    The worry of 'nothing to worry' is the greatest worry in the world.
    Better we keep certain commitments unfulfilled, some questions unanswered,some diseases uncured ,some wants unsatisfied ,so that worries stand in queue one after the other and fill our mind with enough worry throughout our life time.

Jayasala 42

dimhere, padma0604, ojaantrik and 2 others like this.
  8. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear padma0604,

Bravo!! What a post. Only yesterday I read Srama's Random Thoughts and today I read this lyrical counterpart of Srama's tale. It feels so wonderful to come across two writers who are wondering about similar issues and expressing them in such fascinatingly different languages. A reader faces the problem of bumping into two beautiful girls and falling in love with them simultaneously.

One is randomly beautiful and the other's beauty is wonderfully organized. A carefully selected list of wonders to begin with, presented before the Mind one by one in a neat array. As though the mind has been invited to partake of the feast of life. I see the banquet hall, the glittering chandeliers, the dancing couples.

As in the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner,

But the mariner was unmoved, he was unable to hear the music of the spheres. He had a tale that needed unfolding. Till that job was done, life could flow by wherever it wished to. He couldn't care less. For he needed to unload the story of that journey first.

He won over the poor guest and prevented him from joining the party. The Mind begs to the being, pleads for mercy as it were, that it has still not been released from the prison it was banished to. The being signs the release order, but it doesn't reach the authorities.

How tragic indeed! They are both aware of the route to salvation, yet they are lost in the wood, searching for the route to the route!!

oj

9. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you GoogleGlass. I agree with you. In fact today evening when I was coming home from the offfice tired, trying to reach home in different modes of travel - auto, bus and a car including the waiting time - I had to constantly remind myself and look out for things that were a blessing to me at that point of time. My miind was constantly telling me that I am tired and I was trying to veer it away and say "Look isn't this nice?" It was like a tug of war!! I felt as if my writeup was looking at me with great amusement :)

GoogleGlass likes this.
  10. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Sairindhri,

First of all I liked your name very much!!

You are absolutely right. Our mind thrives on being restless. I am also a very restless kind of a person. I am trying to learn to be atleast be aware when the mind is going here and there. Specially when any emotion becomes obvious I am trying to observe my breath and understand the emotion rather than flow with it.
    Did you by any chance read any books by "Thich Nhat Hanh"? You might enjoy them.

Thanks for being with me with my snippet!!

Sairindhri likes this.