Finest Posts - July 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A good point of view @kaniths but consider this. Bungee jumping, parachuting and such other activities that involve 'free fall' are not for common humans. People who go for adventure sports form a very small percentage of world population. Take IL for example. We have 179881 members at the time of writing this. Of this, only one according to my knowledge has attempted parachuting and that is our @Srama . There may be a few more but still they will be just a handful. Now if falling love is some kind of adventure sports that only a few can afford, then we may not have heard of Romeo and Juliet, Laila-Majnu and the like not to speak of the 'run of the mill' lovers! Falling in love voluntarily or involuntarily is no doubt an experience but is it as as risky as jumping from a high cliff?

padma0604 likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear sir,

Mistake, mistake!! Not parachuting....sky diving :) and not attempted, did it, survived it and would do it in a heart beat...again!

Thank you for thinking of me as one among those crazy lots...there are plenty I can assure you.

3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:)
    (this time am exercising my right to remain silent!)

Cheeniya likes this.
  4. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Sir,

I am bringing in the 'Me and My mind' by Padmaja0604 for FP nomination

Me And My Mind

A nice write up on mind, good to read it and enjoyed it.

Thanks.

padma0604 likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear @Sairindhri
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @padma0604 's Me And My Mind Coming immediately after kanith's nomination of My Mind Is My Secret Hideout your nomination is almost like 'antakshari'! Padma is turning out to be an awesome writer. It is simple to write a snippet about an incident in life but taking the mind as a subject and write a highly abstract stuff is not given to everyone.

Elders call mind as a monkey because of its tendency to jump around to varied topics. Mind does not require a Time Machine to go back and forth in Time and by doing so, it just blinds us to the beauty of the present. Padma's eloquent plea to the mind to stay rooted in the finer aspects of life is quite moving indeed. This takes me to Buddha's teaching:
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
    "Past and future veil God from our sight" says Jalaluddin Rumi. All that Padma pleads with the Mind is just to stay rooted in the present.
    Sri

padma0604 and Sairindhri like this.
  6. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you @Sairindhri for nominating my post. Never expected it!! I am happy you enjoyed reading it.

Sairindhri likes this.
  7. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya sir,

thanks a lot for your comments. It means a lot to me.

This takes me to Buddha's teaching:
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

How very true. Not an easy task but worth trying.

Since you quoted Rumi, I would like to ask, can you recommend any specific book to read??

Thank you once again.

Sairindhri likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I would like to nominate
    Working Woman by Periamma for the finest post.It is an outspoken elaboration of a 'working woman'in Indian parlance.

Jayasala 42

kaniths, periamma and Sairindhri like this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

JS Mam Thanks for nominating my post .VASHISHTAR VAAYAAL BRAHMARISHI award.so happy

kaniths likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Dear jayasala
    Thank you for your nomination of periamma's Working Woman As Anika has rightly observed in her FB, no work is considered work unless it earns money. A housewife doesn't have to feel inferior to those who go to office to eke out a living.
    Sri

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.