1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some random thoughts!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear oj-da,

No worries and no hurry at all. These are literally those - random thoughts I mean. I try not to mull over much. If it has come as a snippet, I might have been trying to get over something ;)

But a feedback from you will be a delight! No doubt about it.

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Savitha,

The formatting for this post needs to be redone by the techies at IL. Not too important a matter I suppose.

I am still trying to figure out how to get to the essence, unless of course it is truly a collection of random thoughts.

I notice the mat as well as the running in the cold that would have kept you concentrated on a purpose. I am not sure which is more important, the mat or the running. Perhaps they are equally important.

But you have decided not to pay attention to them and the decision gives you a feeling of guilt. Yet, you appear to be happy with your guilt feeling. For it is teaching you to enjoy the moment. The email warnings distract you from the sunny moment, but you are quick to figure out that the future is in the future and the sunny moment is now, with its three flowers and a happy memory.

It is such a lovely post! I wish the "kill yourself with worrying" philosophers were to read it. They might end up learning not to put up advertisements in newspapers asking you not to be happy. "Don't enjoy the moment" appears to be the message. "Don't enjoy now, then you will enjoy the future." This appears to be the doctor's prescription. Save all your earnings now, then you will end up with all the wealth in the world fifty years later. You may not be happy, but you'll have enough money to pay the doctor's bills.

But that dog is playing merrily in the snow. Thank God, it's not human.

oj-da

satchitananda, Srama and padma0604 like this.
  3. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

oj garu,

Savitha's post was wonderful and so is your comment !!

Such delicate and delightful thought ..a thin, fine line between the present moment and the future...and how wonderfully she caught the 'slipping into the future mind and brought it back to the present' - I felt very happy to see her come back to the moment, and felt happy to see your reflections upon the same.

I remember Omar khayyam :
    "Waste not your Hour, nor in the vain pursuit
    Of This and That endeavour and dispute;
    Better be jocund with the fruitful Grape
    Than sadden after none, or bitter, Fruit."

ojaantrik and Srama like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Oj-da,

What a fabulous feedback! I agree that IL has to do something about formatting. Cheeniya sir tried hard back then, but I guess it was the transition time and it is what it is! Second as for the essence of my post, the only person who eventually comes around is Satchi @satchitananda. She will agree with you whole heartedly and as for me, I will jsut say it was an effort to clear the fog in the mind. Now that I have read it a couple of more times, I know why I wrote it and am glad I read it again :)

As I drive up and down taking kids to their various activities, I am always struck with an emotion I cannot describe when I see a huge hoarding advertising "Are you ready for a calamity?" I am not making this up. Agreed they are only trying to make you do something but should it always be by tapping into that sense of fear and insecurity? Somehow we are taught to live with this sense and I feel that about God too, teachers punishing students etc. Why instill fear to get somebody's attention. Parents of course assure me that they will not consider it a punishment but only a consequence for the job not done. I am still struggling with this part of my job. There you go, I am off with my random thoughts.

Coming back to you and what you said, this here is the most amazing insight you have drawn for me from my random thoughts
    How true! Both of them are equally important and if I let me goal be sidelined because of an email predicting my future, there is no one to blame but me! Oj-da you have no idea how I had here this today again. Thanks to @padma0604 and you, universe in its own sweet way has brought it in front of me, again! Thank you!

Now this here is nothing but the truth! That little puppy simply looks ino my eyes, reads them and decides either to lay at feet waiting for me to chirp up or simply lay there!

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Padma,

I have to agree with you about Oj-da's @ojaantrik comment! I have been in IL for a long long time and there are only a few writers who can do this and Oj-da is certainly one of those. I consider it my fortune that he stepped into this post, more importantly it looks like I needed to read and wonder about this post again!

Thank you for your warm words and I cannot thank you enough for reviving this post. It has brought me back to that present, again!

ojaantrik and padma0604 like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha, I don't remember whether I read this post earlier, but I don't see my FB here. Maybe I read and forgot to respond, or read but was going through one of my mental shutdowns or maybe I missed the post altogether.

As usual, I enjoyed the description to the extent of shivering while reading. The Mid-Western cold transmitted itself to my mind after all these months. I could see the snow lying around in my mind's eye and wondered how you run when it is snow. Then I told myself the snow is probably cleared off the streets really fast and felt amazed at the efficiency of public services.

ojaantrik likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,
    Doesn't matter. How does it matter? Here you are now :)
    I tell you it is so easy to get addicted to running in the snow. In fact I prefer it over this intese heat!
    As for cleaning we all know life must go on. The question is how? efficiently or otherwise and we all make choices :) But in truth it can get very bad here and we are better off taking care and cleaning up. And even then we are all solely responsible for our safety on the streets and no question about the efficiency - I have begun to realize it is just a principle of being respectful of our stuff, even if it is only stuff!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    ojaantrik and satchitananda like this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You said it. In fact that was my first instinct when I read about running in the snow. Sure, it would be enjoyable to run in the cold than in the heat, but the slippery roads could be pretty treacherous!

ojaantrik and Srama like this.
  9. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Not even a month ago, a blue Clitoria plant (Aparjitha/sangu pushpam) was gifted to me. Like, I love it so much, I wanted it so badly and DH surprised me one day.

My bad, it started to wilt after a week, blame the extreme summer and my carelessness. I should have moved to the shadier side or asked my friend to water enough when we were out for that weekend. It was dying. Though it made both of us a little senti, I had strong hopes of having a new plant with the few pods of seeds still hanging down from the wilted plant.

After all, its me who wanted it desperately and DH bought it for me with so much of love, how can I let it go? So is everything in life right, no matter how scary/hopeless the present seems to be, we still gotta hope with all our heart, whatever the future beholds will be just fine. I only say heart, coz it doesn’t rationalize like my silly mind. I’m desiring with all my heart and I’m only trusting the future is listening too. :biggrin::p:D

Today when I see three of four little shoots peeping their head out of the seeds, so fragile yet thriving so hard to get a hold of its place in the earth, what more assurance do I need? With all I happy feel I again hear you say so emphatically “ the future may not be that bad at all”. I’m convinced.

Thank you Sabitha, beautiful post it is, to remind ourselves of all good things that come around with just a seed of hope. :thumbup:

padma0604 and Srama like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Neetu,

You bring out two valid points to me and reminder I so needed - that we are desiring with our hearts and trust the future to listen to it and two, all we need is to sow those seeds of optimism and hope for the future! Thank you.

I am glad that your plant is sprouting again. You know for the longest time, one of these creepers would climb up ty patio and assuming it to be a weed, I always pulled it out till one day I saw a flower in bloom and looked it up to realize it was this plant. Thank you for for your feedback Neetu, it is so touching.

parineetha likes this.