1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Important In A Marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Jul 24, 2016.

1. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

After reading other posts, my mind is full of lot of questions since 2 days.

What is really important in a marriage?

1. Love & affection
    2. Mutual respect
    3. Care & bonding
    4. Companionship
    5. Understanding & support
    6. Sex

All are of same importance?
    OR
    What if some of the points miss in a spouse?

Please pour in your opinions.

-Pratyusha

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Decide what is important for you pratyusha and find a partner that values nearly the same. Problem arises when a,b,c important for you, and d,e,f important for spouse. Mismatch.

SGBV, anehstar, kcb and 3 others like this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@Ragini25 , In my case - I am already married to a nice person (love of my life) and am 100% happy in my 9 years old marriage. No complaints from both of us.

The above questions came to my mind after reading some threads in married life forum, because completely different opinions were expressed there.

4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

all of the points are important in marriage but just like all fingers of same hand are not of same length, no two individuals can 100% have same likes and expectations or views about marriage and life.

Marriage - whether love or arranged, is all about adjustments with love and compassion for each other white respecting to agree or disagree with each other on matters that both have different views on.

The base or foundation of marriage is trust and respect on which the bricks of love and emotions are built on. The spaces are filled with adjustments, understanding and care.

It depends on both the partners,how much they are willing to invest in each other. And what are important to him/her in marriage.

Sairindhri, creativemind23 and kcb like this.
  5. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I think the above points are just about the absolute requirements of any happy marriage.
    If these are present you can handle all things that life throws at you. In addition to the above, I wanted someone who is well educated and has a similar sense of humour.

Optional bonuses for me would be common interests, hobbies, common food habits, good in laws, financially comfortable.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Love and respect.

blindpup10 and kcb like this.
  7. BlackMan

BlackMan Silver IL'ite

If a couple have any one thing out of the above ,remaining things will fall in place automatically over time.

kcb likes this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Trust. :)

Amica, kcb and Gauri03 like this.
  9. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

All of them!
    Its like you cant ignore one and have the other in abundance. e.g having bucket full of love and a drop of respect will not help. I would say to make it a perfect recipe of marriage, all needs to be added in required quantity. Anything amiss will give it a not so good taste!!

10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

All of them and probably many more. But not two individuals will have the same level of these in them. So for a happy marriage both should be able to accept, agree and accommodate the differences and work towards improving each other in the areas where there is less of a match.

Problem arises when one partner ridicules or neglects or humiliates the other in the area where they themselves are deficient or where the other partner is deficient.

satchitananda, kcb, Lathasv and 2 others like this.