Pensée: E & G Chatter

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Oriana, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Read the 'Some days are like this only' thread? It was pure humour, how anyone can twist it to something insane is beyond me!!

2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hey that would be awesome! If you had to teach AI to your kids how would you do? I don't mind silly puzzles, its what we learn thats important right?! Break down complex concepts and giive us some AI stuffs pls? Make it series puzzles maybe? :)

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I guess I could start with the basics -- what constitutes an AI, history, applications -- then move on to a gentle introduction of the math. I think the more appealing aspect would be the current progress and how close we are to sci-fi type AI. AI in media, like books, movies would make the most interesting puzzles.

kaniths likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I'm in!!! (will keep me afloat I guess?!) Thank you again, I owe you! :blush:

Gauri03 likes this.
  5. Gauri03

I once contemplated doing a meta analysis of IL posts and posters. An aggregation of statistical metrics like most prolific posters, avg length of posts, favorite word etc. Make word clouds for specific members. Then do an unsupervised classification of users based on the subject matter they favor. Find the cliques and tribes of IL and their leanings. Find insights and trends on what makes one thread take off and others languish.

Gave up on it quickly. IL doesn't make the raw data available like reddit does. Scraping the webpage and then preprocessing would need too much work. Don't have that kind of time. Wanted to write a snippet with my results. :)

6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha don't need all that processing, I know already! Answers to 'prolific' posters, length etc and favorite words? EMA, Cheating, Divorce, Dowry, Suicidal, MIL, SIL, FIL, DIL, now add morality, integrity too in this mix!!! :facepalm: Jokes apart, am curios now! That analysis and snippet would have been cool! Wouldn't greater admins give you the data required?

Gauri03 likes this.
  7. Gauri03

LOL! True. :) but it would have been interesting to find unexpected correlations. Also don't forget rags' favourite word 'troll'! :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    kaniths likes this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha troll reminds me of my other id and my plan to troll threads but it will get me blocked right? Yeahhh why bother! :) Yes research is always interesting, So do this and post your inferences! Maybe will help posters change their attitude or something?! :)

Okayyy... does modji have the extra superpowers too, to make this thread not appear on latest replies sidebar?? this being just a chatter thread anyway? I don't know but it freaks me tinnny little bit!! :oops:

9. Gauri03

You won't get blocked. That is reserved for spammers and guys who sign up to send dirty PMs. :D

I can't remove the thread from the sidebar. Lowly mod here. Those are admin powers.

10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Yay!! I will then, good time pass! Maybe I ll reserve it for the times ahead when the family tries to talk me to death!!!! :wink::tongueclosed: :facepalm:

Ahhh! My signature smilies are back! I'm home!!! :blush::yum:

Gauri03 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.