1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Falling In Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by TheCupid, Jul 21, 2016.

1. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

It was a dream!! Yet couldn't believe that it was just a dream...

It was a long one way path... A dark night glowing in the lights of a full moon.. The leaves on the trees appeared silvery due to the moonlight.. Nobody around.. It was me walking alone.. My legs cramped and to my relief I saw a stone bench nearby... When I reached near I could see a pond... The water was crystal clear and could see the moon smiling in it :) Nearby there were few plants which had an exotic aroma.. I thought those bears the flowers which blossom at night.. I really enjoyed sitting in such a lovely place... I was completely mesmerized by the awesome aroma, the silvery pond and the wonderful breeze out there.... "I was feeling lonely so far... But this place, made my solitude heavenly!", I whispered... By then I heard some foot steps approaching me... It was a guy I suppose. He came near,
    "Excuse me dear, I have been walking for so long, I'm too tired, can I sit here?", he asked.. " Dear!? How dare he call me dear!! Idiot", my mind murmured.... I didn't say anything, I just moved to the corner of the bench.. "Thank you dear!!", he said... I turned towards him and just gave a cold stare and turned back... " Oh God!! Will you always drop people from hell to make me go mad!?", my mind started off its war with the Lord... Slowly my mind calmed down.. I regained my peace.. But then it was getting too cold out there... Wind started blowing heavily... The chill breeze made me shiver and i pulled my jacket closer and wrapped my arms around.. I noticed the man nearby was shivering a lot, he wasn't wearing any jacket... "Poor thing!! Should have worn a winter jacket...", I wanted to help him.. "Hey you... Here is my jacket, you can use it..", I told him.. He declined saying, " No no, I can withstand.. You should keep wearing it, its too chill... Thanks for your care dear".... "Uf!! For just lending a jacket, he speaks for pages.. What a creature!!", my mind again... Heavy wind made my hair frizzy, looking at a plant whose leaves were dead dry, almost about to fall off, I whispered, " How hard those little leaves are trying not to fall of!?".. He said, "Well, that's life!! Trying hard not to give up in the toughest times... Soon, when all is well, your are gonna look back on that period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up!!".. "So true!!", I replied... He smiled... That smile made my heart smile but I don't know why... I decided to walk away from there and stood up... He said, " Where are you going alone dear, stay here or shall I accompany you?", it was him.... "Oh my dear handsome!! No thanks.. I came alone.. And I'm going alone", I said with a stare and tried to walk but stopped and realized, " My dear handsome!? Did I call him so !? You crap!! Sometimes the greatest accomplishment that I could do is to keep my mouth shut!! ", I scolded myself.. Meanwhile he stood up, I turned back and asked him to stay there and said that I knew to walk alone.. " I know that you can walk alone dear, but not your shadow.. Even when you are walking away, your shadow is still on my shoulder, how could I betray such a trust of her... I am responsible for her safety.. I must come along my dear!!", he said... "Wow!! Where did he get these sugarcoated words from!? A nice guy,really!!", I thought but never told.. I didn't want to say no, I just smiled and started walking.. He too came along... The walk went on silently.. I felt good.. I felt safe and comfortable having him beside... We had a look at each other with a smile few times.. He broke the silence, " Do you believe in Love at first sight? ", he asked... " Nope.. Not at all.. Do you?", I asked... "Not until this day.." , he said... "Why what happened today?", it was me.. " Love", he said... "Love!?", I asked...
    " Yes!! I don't know her before, where is she from or what does she do.. I don't know her name too.. But I felt her as my dear, the moment I saw her... I have living a reckless life, walking through the toughest roads of life with nobody to care.. It was she who took care for me to take rest for a while.. Though she was also feeling cold, she tried helping me by lending her jacket.. What a care!! I never had anyone appreciate my opinions.. It was she who agreed with my words... With her gentle smile, she entered my heart... I love her so much... I wanted to walk through the rest of my life with her, holding her hands...", he said.. "What!? What did he say!? Will someone find so much of love in these little things.... What is he, I really don't understand... But those words I really didn't expect.. In just few hours how is he transforming from a mere stranger to a mighty ruler of my heart!! Love!? I never believed in love... I don't want that to happen.. And all of a sudden you came along my way and driving me crazy... What did you do me!? Why am I happy when you are beside me... What makes my heart to grab your hand to walk along forever!?", my mind triggered lot of questions... The road was slippery and I didn't notice, I was about to fall apart, but he lend his hand, pulled me up, with one of his hand around my waist, "Are you okay dear?", he asked... "You know what, I love you so much!!", I said...

Hmmmm.. And I woke up wondering, is this what they call, " FALLING IN LOVE"!!

2. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

It's an excellent write up. I thoroughly enjoyed your walk, the night, the guy, his reactions and the love. Really went through a very good short story. Was thinking it could be true, until I reached the above line. Actually in the process of reading I forgot your first sentence of the writing at all.

I wished that you had just woke up from the past memories, and told "FALLING IN LOVE"!!

Everyone does, and I really woke up and read this one, and made me reminisce my past! It is a long journey once you entered it.

Thanks a lot for the write up..:)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    TheCupid likes this.
  3. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

A beautiful lovely dream. Well written! Felt like walking with you in moonlight, shivering in the cold... Beautifully expressed

TheCupid likes this.
  4. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much sai :) I'm happy that you loved this write-up... :)

Sairindhri likes this.
  5. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thank u gayathri :) :) :)

6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Very nice one.

Love is truly an art of shadowing solo souls on moonlit nights and turning them hearlit-couple...

jskls and TheCupid like this.
  7. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thank u :) :thumbup:That was a lovely explanation about love by u :)

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cupid,

Loved this post. And I wondered too why it was Cupid who had to write this. Cupid hopefully knows all about Love.

I have no idea what Love is or what it means to fall in Love. But you have at least tried to find a definition, even if it came to you as a present in a dream.

Your dream reminded me, I know not why, of Ingmar Bergman's films. I am not sure why. Trying to recall if he had dream sequences. Or was it someone else? Whatever you wrote was so real, yet it was quite obviously a dream. A dream that can never come true I think.

That's unfortunate. Knowing Love in a dream, not finding Love outside a dream.

oj

Sairindhri and TheCupid like this.
  9. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much oj sir.. Yeah it's true that things like these will happen only in dream.. Its not that easy to fall in love with some stranger in real life.. That too the word love has lost its actual meaning nowadays.. And that's why your words "Knowing love in a dream, not finding love outside dream" is so very true...

Sairindhri likes this.