1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right(eous) Timeline Of Affair?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

"Feelings" just come. It doesn't expect a invitation nor does it ask for permission. it could happen to people who are even in seemigly perfect marriages. Call it a passing crush or infatuation. An inappropriate feeling that comes up at an inopportune moment needn't necessarily be acted upon...

When both parties involved have acknowledged it and acted upon it - unless the action is to voluntarily cut off all contact.

There is no one size fits all answer to this. I don't feel comfortable labeling it as right or wrong.

That would be a very silly thing to do because of the baggage one would inadvertently carry when they jump from a bad marriage into another relationship. Forget divorce. If the marriage is conclusively over and the person has spent time away from the ex-spouse to regain their balance by he time they meet a new person, there is a chance of it going right... divorce is a formality...

Rihana, yellowmango and satchitananda like this.
  2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

obviously the other person did not have enough sway to prevent the affair , how can the other person stop the spouse from filing diverse in court and moving out.

This is the case where the person having affair is just looking for excuses or opputune time to make an exit.

3. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

Kollen, Are you kidding me? Here you are again in your high moral pedestal claiming you don't see any personal strength in me without having a clue the path I walked & the strength it took to leave my marriage & on top of it the strength it took for me to frame my life...it is ok to disagree with someon but judging them calling they lack personal strength .. No no!

Putting you on the ignore list Mr.kollen.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  4. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

Is ema illegal? Anything that is not illegal or not punishable under law.. Is not black or white according me.

I have nothing more to add to this thread.

MalStrom and madras2018 like this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

I empathize with you @Jazmine83 - Extremely rude comments on this thread indeed.

I find hate speech hard to digest because I just don't understand why some people do it. I mean I won't (or i think i wont) endorse or participate in an EMA myself. But I have the maturity and equanimity to not throw a hissy fit, go off the rails and attack people who may have done it. Each to his own. I can hold an opinion but not feel like everybody has to adhere to my moral code. Posters come here looking for solutions for the road ahead. Not to be crucified by nameless, questionable characters on the internet who are stuck with things in the past.

I bet or hope @confusedbrain is enjoying her weekend with her new beau hardly bothered by the folks who seemed to be frothing at the mouth at her supposed indiscretions. @Jazmine83 so should you. Put people on ignore and muting them in your feed is the way to go. What you don't see or hear can't harm you. And they can waste their breath and energy typing away furiously for all we care because it's all being muted.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Jazmine83 and NeetaR like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I wonder if @Ragini25 would feel the same way about your thinking if she saw your real face in the dowry thread.

7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

@satchitananda Yes, it is almost always an unintentional feeling that develops. But to make it grow more potent and to develop it - it takes time - some weeks, some months or a year. The initial few moments are unintentional, but then once the person finds "comfort, solace" in it, then they push away the right thing to do - that is the problem. Hope you agree.

It is not about the initial few times when the heart skips beat and is unintentional sweeping off feet, but after that initial few times, the person pushes away from their mind whats right and to go in the direction of "comfort, solace". It is this - the real test of character & values - comes in. WHEN YOU ACT ON THE INITIAL FEELINGS to meet/talk to the other guy for weeks, months then it continues/grows, and go behind the back of your spouse to cheat. (CHEAT = emotional cheat or physical. BOTH are cheating)

8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

True. It is the true test of character. However, say a person slips. Once. Whatever the reason. Should the person be eternally condemned? Is there no redemption? We all make mistakes of varying degrees. Who are we to judge when we haven't walked in their shoes?

9. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

Just want to answer u question. Is Ema illegal???
    Only in one instance
    A wife sleeps with a man without the permission of her husband, the Husband can file a case on sec 497ipc against the man.

10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.