1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Like To Show Off

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by PLK, Jun 13, 2016.

1. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

@SGBV Thanks . but its not some family members. There is difference between close relatives like charcha, mama, tai,fufi,cousins and everybody. I have never heard of people of that WhatsApp group... anyway thanks for your views.

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

@SGBV : it is really not that good to Put pic of gold Jewellery n all on social media.
    In a closed whatsapp group Of closed relatives, it maybe ok but not on Facebook. And definitely not with distant relatives. Because if anyone likes a photo it will be visible to all on their friend list...so any pic that op's parents put on fb will be visible to friends of friends ..and generally elderly people are not very net savvy and will not be knowledgeable about privacy settings and all...so any posts they make will be visible to public.
    And on fb as well as whatsapp it's possible that a relative may share that photo or confidential info with others...these days there are very few people who feel happy at others success and prosperity and u don't want confidential info falling into wrong hands..
    I'm a very private person and I definitely would not like such details of mine to be shared with not so close people.

yellowmango and PLK like this.
  3. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@PLK , your problem lies in " I share everything happening in my life with my parents." Be strategically selective about what you want to share. You are not obligated to share everything with them. If it is a habit of yours, it will take time to control. Next time, they ask you about anything ( that you think you are no comfortable sharing with others), just try to change the topic. Give general updates. Keep the conversation limited initially.

sindmani, PLK and yellowmango like this.