Finest Posts - July 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sairindhri
    Thank you for your nomination of TheCupid's Falling In Love The phrase 'falling in love' has never failed to intrigue me. Why do they use the word 'fall' when love strikes someone? Falling in general is an involuntary act. We slip on a banana skin and fall with a thud. It can be only involuntary as nobody does it deliberately unless he wants to break a bone so that he can apply for a month's leave! Falling in love too is involuntary. And all falling involves pain and more so 'falling in love'! That's why we are extremely cautious when we are on slippery ground. While we are extremely weary of physically falling and causing ourselves bodily hurt, we fall in love gladly and undergo all the suffering it causes!

But Eckhart Tolle has a different view of Falling in Love:
    "What is commonly called ‘falling in love’ is in most cases an intensification of egoistic wanting and needing. You become addicted to another person, or rather to your image of that person. It has nothing to do with true love, which contains no wanting whatsoever."
    Albert Einstein comes out with the best:
    "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
    Sri

padma0604 and Sairindhri like this.
  2. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Sir,

That was a wonderful explanation! Really like the way you had described with the quotes.

Regards,
    Sai

3. Cheeniya

Dear Sai
    Thank you for your nomination of TheCupid's What Does A Wife Want? I knew that what a wife would want from her hubby could never be a short piece of writing. As I expected, it turned out to be a serial story. I have been married for almost 50 years and I am yet to figure out what she wants from me. That's the beauty of a marital relationship! I can sum it up in one sentence that all she wants from me is unadulterated love but that's where the problem starts. Basically a male view of love is substantially different from that of a female. So like Kipling's East and West, they never meet! The fundamental problem is that men never remember and women never forget! Be it the wedding day or her birthday, a man has to goof it up and pay a heavy price for it. TheCupid talks about an ideal man as one who is full of humour. But again, men and women differ on this. Women tend to prefer men who make them laugh, whereas men tend to prefer women who laugh at their jokes!
    Sri

padma0604 and Sairindhri like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  5. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Sir,

You had nailed it, that is the essence which would be the pillars of a good marital relationship.

Regards,
    Sai

6. Cheeniya

Dear kaniths
    Good you clarified it! I almost skipped over it! Thank you for your nomination of creativemind's My Mind Is My Secret Hideout I too like it. But when creativemind talks about a mind being a 'secret hideout', she must be having in mind an enigmatic person. Only enigmatic people have a secret hideout in their minds. I have a mind which is like a bucket with a hole that Harry Belafonte sings about with gusto! Nothing stays there and everything comes out in a torrent through my mouth! We belong to the 'thinking aloud' category. But I just to fail to understand one thing. How can a 'creativemind' have a mind that is a secret hideout? Don't creative people have a highly expressive mind?
    Sri

padma0604 and kaniths like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Lol! :)

Still its just one snippet per two months from you! :wink::yum:

Thank you for checking them out!

Cheeniya likes this.
  8. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

I would like to nominate my post to the thread "Marriage Counselling: Thumbs Up Or Down? Questions?

Why I think this may be a worthwhile nomination

- My response may be helpful to women who are thinking about seeing a marriage counselor as a couple or even a psychologist/pscyhotherapist by themselves for self improvement. Many are unsure about what to expect and especially if their particular situation will benefit from professional help.
    - My post, that I wrote based on my first hand experience with professionals in India and abroad, may be a valuable tip for women everywhere as they evaluate this decision. It will also help them in developing realistic expectations of what can be achieved via a counselor, how to determine if a counselor and thus the counseling session is working for them.

Thanks.

9. Cheeniya

Dear @madras2018
    Kindly note that a nomination of a post/thread can be made only by a member other than the poster herself. In the circumstances, I regret my inability to accept this nomination.
    Sri

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

If I may add on? :)

Falling does not have to be a slip always. Sometimes, like when we dive / jump from a high cliff or while parachuting, we let loose control and allow ourselves to free fall and even if we fall with a thud, its still touchdown, a win, that isn't pain, that isn't suffering, so is love when we fall voluntarily, doesn't hurt but just pure joy. :)

satchitananda and Cheeniya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.