1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What''s In Your Bread Basket Today?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 6, 2016.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

really funny... this is most common in all household.. we all have this basket to pull out the missing.. bunnies.. or undies.. whatever you desire

meenasankaran likes this.
  2. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Wow..that was wonderful meenasankaran! You made my day. I was smiling all through the read. 'wafer thin sarees and glass slippers??' Really !!! I am sure all of us will have something like your breadbasket where you can unearth almost anything!! Thanks for such a lovely, lively and hilarious writeup.

meenasankaran likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Amica - Kitchen basket, junk drawer.....what's in a name, my friend? Poteto or potAto, it tastes yummy either way, right? So glad you enjoyed the post Amica. :blush:

Amica likes this.
  4. meenasankaran

Dear GG,

How very astute you are! We almost always search for bread in that basket but how did you know? :clapclap:

//coming to the bollywood scene - we are a very conservative culture, we don't believe in male strip teasing even in dream sequences :):):)//

How very noble GG! Makes my heart swell in pride at our rich cultural heritage. :D

Rihana and GoogleGlass like this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Had a good laugh reading yours... Magic show, heroine in the snow, bread basket and finding things. remembered of recent tamil movie where they try to find something by rubbing black dye to betel leaf .... Funny Meena!

Recently lost an activity tracker charger and I am sure I brought it back home from my travel... not sure if I left it in the Bread & Breakfast Inn with their bread basket. Losing things is very common in my household but the things that we will never find it back. Maybe someday when these kids move out and we downsize we will find all the hidden treasures that will find a place in a museum. Since it is summer and school is off we are at peace not losing a lot ...

kaniths, meenasankaran and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Bread basket is such a better term than junk draw. :)

Over time, the junk draw in m kitchen has cloned itself, and the one next to it is also a junk draw -a sister concern, or a cottage industry. One is mine and the other 'theirs'. From mine, whenever I am desperately searching for something, usually with someone waiting on the phone, I end up with the scrap of paper that has in childish scrawl - 'Get candy here. Boo!' A note the child made and pasted on the window, many many Halloweens ago when there was a lull in the trick-o-treaters ringing the bell.

Coming back to the question - recently I've found ONE pencil that was not blunt, and a library card that I thought was lost.

meenasankaran and satchitananda like this.
  7. meenasankaran

Dear viji aunty,

It is always a pleasure to see you. More so when you bring news of a nomination. :) Many thanks for your kind words and the good news aunty.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

Dear kaniths,

Thanks for that lovely feedback. I guess every household is equipped with its own special 'black hole' and I am very sure that there is a colorful history behind every one of them. Loved getting to know your backpack today. :)

Since we are talking about NASA and black holes, how do you scientifically explain a bread basket, built to hold 2 loafs of bread, containing half of my family's collective belongings? Is there anything in quantum physics to explain this mystery? :biggrin:

kaniths and jskls like this.
  9. meenasankaran

Dear Agatha83,

Like you, I am forever looking for my missing brain. While my bread basket has always spit out most of what I need, the missing brain remains steadfastly unfound (is this even a word?). My mother tells me that if we find everything we are looking for easily, we won't ever think about God. My missing brain, according to this theory, reinstates my faith in the Supreme power. :biggrin:

Glad you found your reading glasses and comb. :smile: Thanks for stopping by, dear Agatha.

10. meenasankaran

You are the funny one Shobamma. Asking if I will sell my basket! Huh! Do we ever sell the many, unused gold jewelry from the locker? :tongue: