1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

NRIs are not as rich as indian middle class....truth or myth?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by livlifekingsize, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your quick thoughts dear Sister, Those who cross the seven seas (abroad) for work or to settle their are really blessed SOUL is what I could conclude, the ones back home are not so fortunate....:thumbsdown

Sorry for going away from the topic title...

2. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

It really touched me..
    Why the dads, brothers etc took it for granted this discrimination of distribution of gain/loss ? I feel real bad about it.. Hopefully the next generation (which is by us now) think more broader.

On the other hand, its good that we are standing on our own legs rather than the grand parents hard work..

(BTW, I am a guy, our Dad gave us a vast wealth of good education, attitude and behavior as a property to inherit, no money/wealth that can buy things..). You are not poor, you are rich by your stand in the society... bravo gurl.. never think down..

3 people like this.
  3. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

sai,

It didn't mean that...It varies from person to person.

In my view, I like the working condition in US. But there is a trade off... loneliness, struggle to survive, good/bad on our own. I bet, if both husband/wife are working families in India will have face lot more issues. Kids may feel abandoned, because of long working hours + commute time to work unless grand parents are there to take care of them.

Money wise, middle class NRIs are poor....compared to Indian middle class family with their inheritance.

2 people like this.
  4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Sai,

We cannot conclude that people living abroad are blessed soul where as people back home are not so fortunate just because the working conditions are good in abroad. There are many things which contribute to peaceful, happy life, you know that. having kids, having family support, keeping good health, settlign in good job just to mentioned some.

SK.

1 person likes this.
  5. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Business opportunity in India and China is huge. The mobile market of 2B+ people is a huge attraction. That being said, US is still the place for innovation. India will eventually catch up but may be a decade or more away.

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Rich is a very relative term. If its about the $$ or Rs in the bank then in all probability the ability to save in India is higher than in the US ...but if it translates to what that money can be used to buy then its a diff story.

3 people like this.
  7. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

I 100% agree to this...working conditions, pressure at work, commuting are far better in US

KashmirFlower, freddycat and skalluri like this.
  8. sophiedjenko

sophiedjenko Senior IL'ite

It is actually truth. There are many NRI's who are among the top richest Indian in that particular country but are not ranked in the top richest Indian in the world. But at the same time there are NRI's who are rich than India's most rich and influential personalities as well. Individuals like Mukesh Ambani, Varun Manian, Shahrukh Khan and many more are more rich than any other Indian in the word.