1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What was your favourite book as a kid?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by PriyaSrini, Nov 19, 2015.

1. idonthatemylife

idonthatemylife Silver IL'ite

"The adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain

shivanya07 and kaniths like this.
  2. Kishw

Kishw Silver IL'ite

Hey Priya:
    Im nostalgic now after reading your thread! Most of my favorite books have already been mentioned above, my journey with books started when I was 7/8. My dad started to bring me a huge collection of books in the beginning of my summer holidays and that is how it all started. I would wait at the door for my dad to return from his work with the collection so I could dig in :rotfl

I see that many comics have been mentioned above but one that was not is Champak that was a monthly magazine with many stories, and was one of my favorite books. I also loved tinkle, chacha choudhry, tintin collection, many books from Amar Chitra Katha (stories about characters like Rama, Arjuna, Krishna etc..) then grew into famous five, secret seven, the three musketeers and then to Oliver Twist, Nancy Drew, Hardy boys, Sherlock holmes and later into Sidney Sheldon, and so on..

I remember one of my childhood friends' was gifted a large fairy tale book similar to yours and we both used to read that book together. Many a time, I used to visit her only to sit engrossed reading that book in her house until late night when my dad would come worried searching for me and I would be like:coffee :biggrin2:

Aahh! those were the days..thanks for taking me back in time! Things have changed so much now, these days I need to really squeeze in time to sit and read without being bothered.:evil:

1 person likes this.
  3. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Daddy Long Legs - by Jean Webster. It left an indelible mark on my 12 year old mind when I first read it. It still remains a cherished favourite :)

4. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

I loved The Adventure Series too! And St. Clare's & Malory Towers...in fact I still have these books from my childhood in my library, now musty with time...most of them with the faded date of purchase with a short note written by me ages ago when dad bought them for me. He still gifts me books every time I visit him even though I'm married & a mother myself now :)

5. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I loved St Claire's and Mallory Towers- read and re-read them so many times. I have all my books too :)....My first dog's name was Timmy. It is pity that Enid Blyton books are not popular here in US. I have to bring my books from home for my baby.

1 person likes this.
  6. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Book lovers,
    I had read a lot in childhood.The credit goes to my Father who was an advocate & voracious reader & encouraged us to read a lot without imposing any restrictions. My grandfather was a multi linguistic. We had original volumes of Shakespeare at our sweet home.
    I am 65 now.In those early days we used to get small pocket books & I loved them.
    One book " Red Rose" was my favourite.To be frank I don't know whether the title is correct & can't even remember the story.But still a lingering memory of it in my sub conscious mind exists.
    from very early days due to my father's encouragement i had read many novels both Tamil & English & sometimes even Hindi.Mills & boons series are youth favourite. In one of my speeches at a conference I advised women not to expect a marriage life as per the standards of Mills & Boons.There will be only disappointment & no one, not even god, can hurt us unless we prefer to be hurt.

" The woods are lovely Dark & Deep but I have promises to Keep & miles to go before I sleep"
    With Blessings ,venlax

1 person likes this.
  7. Wgrace

Wgrace New IL'ite

I love fairy tales.

kaniths likes this.
  8. HYDGIRL1234

HYDGIRL1234 Silver IL'ite

I like chandamama stories balamitra supari twinkle

kaniths and venuvariath like this.
  9. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

I like Amar chitra katha , Akbar and birbal and Panchatantra books

kaniths likes this.
  10. venuvariath

venuvariath New IL'ite

APPLE BEES MAGAZINE IS GOOD FOR PRESCHOOLERS.