1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Insight On Internal Job Posting Transfer Situation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by imhappy, Jun 2, 2016.

1. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Hi All!

I couldn't find any office queries related forum so posting it here in relationship married life forum, if there is any other appropriate forum, I request mods to put this thread there.

Now coming on to query, my DH applied for IJP(internal job posting), in his current company for another location and he got selected. After 15 days of this, his boss changed to new person from different company.

As my H is going to new location, HR department started interviewing candidates for H's current position. But his new boss is not taking any decision for new candidate. This process is going on since last three months. When my H asked his boss that when his transfer is going to happen, he replied "I will tell you before a month of actual transfer".

For us there are many issues, our rent agreement period of house is getting over this month, so landlord wants confirmation that are we going to renew agreement or not? If we renew agreement lock in period is of minimum three months, so if after say 15 days, H's boss says that transfer is going to happen, then our two rents are going in vain.

I know transfer cases take some time, and new recruitment takes even longer, but we are in this bad situation right now. We both want to go to new location, but H's boss is not giving any clue about when it is going to happen, we have other commitments too related to transfer which takes more than a month to happen.

I am getting negative ideas that this transfer is not going to happen. That is why asking for inputs.

Thanks in advance.

2. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Your husband should be in the right position to answer this question.
    I am not sure how this thing called transfer works in your husband's company.

In my work place, you should resign from your current post to get this new international post. To which you are interviewed and passed through all the selection process. Once the new job is confirmed, you get 1 month time to join. That's the minimum time to be given to resign from any post. Even though these arrangements may seem like transfer within same company, it is indeed a new post.
    Only pension and other benefits will be continued. But the selection process is different.
    This way, if there is any problem with the new selection process, chances are high that I (your H in that case) may be dropped or not selected. So, the safest way is to retain the current job until you get the appointment order to the new post.

In your rental and other case, I would advise you to wait. You are not sure whether you actually got this new post or not until there is anything in writing.

You may negotiate with your landlord for a shorter agreement.
    You will need this house for about 2 months anyways, as you can't leave just like that.

imhappy likes this.
  4. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@SGBV, many thanks for reply. This is not international post, it's domestic only. Yes you are right, my H is the only one who can answer. His interview for new post is done and he is selected, only thing is he is not getting any timeframe about actual transfer. He tried asking before a month, but answer was vague as I mentioned in main post.

I think we just have to wait and watch as how this thing progresses. There are many other issues as well. The house in which we are living, is not even comfortable, so if there is delay of more than six months we want to change the house. But this problem is only our problem not employer's, so H can't push them for anything.

I am really thankful for your reply.

5. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Sorry pressed reply button by mistake.

6. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

Not sure about the company specific process, but once a person gets selected for an IJP, then his future manager can initiate for a release request from current position. This is something that your husband's manager at new location can initiate. If you can get him/her to cite some project need that requires urgent joining then maybe your H will get release faster from current location.

Also you can ask your H to put a formal email asking for clarification on release date from current project (citing rental agreement for X months). Also check if his company pays the lease breakage amount in case of transfer.