1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Shape Weàr

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kshema, May 21, 2016.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hi.
    Can anybody tell me using shape weàr make looks slim.. My height and weight Is inormàl. But tummy and waist is More. Please let me know which Brand is Good and can I use it on Saree

2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

You cannot use it on saree unless it is bottom only. Anyways, saree has middle torso exposed and if you wear anything there, it will show.

But for pants, and jeans, dresses you can wear shapewear. I wear very light support, bottom only, it looks good on pants- for me it not for the shaping but because it stays put even when I am moving.

There are many kinds of shapewear, you will have to look online, and then try in stores and get few choices home to wear with different dresses and then return few- after just trying.

The catch is that you have to wear a shapewear for many hours to actually figure out if it is too tight and if works for you or not- if it is giving desired shape and support and you feel okay to breathe and move around for say 8 hour

Start with light support ones- they will not be too binding- I don't wear tight cloths- so they are my choiceb

Anusuya likes this.
  3. Anusuya

Anusuya Silver IL'ite

there r many brands available in market.
    u can try jockey, enamor, lovable, soie are good.

first is how long u ll be wearing?
    either u wearing it for work or party?

4. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

@hermitcrab - thanku. I will google fot more info..
    @Anusuya - for both office and party wear. Do it really make look slim?? Have you used??

5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

If you are already slim, shapewear will hide extra flesh here and there under thin dresses. But shapewear will not reduce the dress size, say you wear size M, it will not help you to fit in size S or look size S.
    It just gives clean lines to body, too tight cloths will restrict you, and might not feel comfortable.

With our Indian wear- colors, prints, and textures, we do not need the shapewear.
    With monochoromatic dresses, it might help as a underwear (slip) and for clean lines.
    But do explore..

kshema and Anusuya like this.
  6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

@kshema, I would suggest not to wear shapewear as the pressure it puts on your tummy is not good. You will not be your usual self when you wear this. There will be a change in your breathing pattern (unknowingly). Do not feel bad about your body. My personal opinion is eat healthy and lose weight and then flaunt yourself in good clothes.

Anusuya likes this.
  7. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

@pman16 - Thanku for your suggestion. From tomorrow I will start walking and control food. Will start dieting.. Thanku

Anusuya likes this.