1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Saying goodbye!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 7, 2016.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha, reading your thoughts brought a pang to my heart. 'Home' as I knew it is no longer the same. Of course the city has changed drastically. There is no home as there are no more parents there. It is now only an empty house. All the people I knew so closely, who cared for me and played the role of aunts, uncles and grandparents (most of our relatives were in other cities) are no more. I am still unable to grasp that reality and often think of visiting them only to realize the fact. My solution (though it is not the most practical one) is not to visit my hometown at all - of course, I shall have to sooner or later.

So yes, I can understand what you feel and really admire how well you are handling the change. Our parents must also have felt the same when they visited their homes after the loss of their parents, but they continued being the elders for us, showering us with love and affection and guiding us along. Now is your turn to provide the same for your kids.

You have the knack of getting the reader into the seat next you so they can experience everything you do. You are one of your kind, Sabitha!

kaniths, Srama and knbg like this.
  2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabby,
    That was a beautiful colourful tapestry you wove with your amazing narration.A lovely nostalgic trip you took us along with all those vivid descriptions of everyday life on the streets of long ago steeped in cherished memories.Parting is such sweet sorrow but your conclusion is filled with good cheer and promise
    of a radiant future......after all Home is where the Heart is.....and East or West Home is Best!

Srama likes this.
  3. HYDGIRL1234

HYDGIRL1234 Silver IL'ite

Beautiful snippet. Nicely described

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are right Sacthi. Now one should sit back and wonder how our parents did it! Precisely the wise words I needed to hear in such simple sweet terms. Thank you.

You know one thing that I am absolutely blessed with is friends and real good ones at that! Thank you for being one of them. Perhaps it is time to nod with Bach in agreement and accept when he says “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof."

Wise words no? Thank you my friend as always for your very reassuring and lovely feedback.

kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear dear Polly, so so nice to see you here. I am almost singing and dancing wondering "home what home?" seeing my lovely friends drop in to say hello to me. It is all here. and every where. Thank you dear, thank you for your visit and your words. Home indeed is where the heart is!

kaniths likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you @HYDGIRL1234 !

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear dear Polly, so so nice to see you here. I am almost singing and dancing wondering "home what home?" seeing my lovely friends drop in to say hello to me. It is all here. and every where. Thank you dear, thank you for your visit and your words. Home indeed is where the heart is!

Oops! Sorry it didn't get posted for some reason when I responded!

8. FemaleAdda

FemaleAdda Junior IL'ite

I have heard.. that florida is a beautiful place.. Is it really as good as they say?

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

kaniths likes this.
  10. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rama,

Being a native of India, moving around cities, I have witnessed only revolting scenes- people spitting, peeing and defecating in the open. Where as you have a beautiful eye to see the most pleasing things on earth, which we fail to observe in our daily humdrum of life. Enjoyed your snippet - the way you have tossed those words here, leaving a very sweet imprint on my mind.

Agatha83

kaniths and Srama like this.