Times of India subscription scheme!

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Varloo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Times of India daily news paper has introduced a new scheme of subscribing for it.
    You will have to pay RS.300/- only as annual subscription. You also get a air bag with wheels as a gift. Please contact your newspaper agent.
    I have subscribed.

1 person likes this.

2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Thanks for ur info........its good.......i will check it out........this is a good offer

3. sb2008_July

sb2008_July New IL'ite

Hi, can u please tell me how u got in touch with this newspaper agent. I am unable to locate one.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Wow!!

I would also like to subscribe for it. I cannot think of any other newspaper other than TOI. Let me check out, I am attracted to the freebie too!! Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

5. sb2008_July

sb2008_July New IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to subscribe for TOI in Mumbai. But do not know how to go about it.
    Can u help pl?

6. Vandas

Vandas New IL'ite

Hi
    In Chennai it more or less turns out to be a farce. I made an enquiry over SMS and also over phone. I was contacted in 2-3 days and the Customer Care person took all the details. This was in mid Jun 2008. Now 1-1/2 months have passed and no sign of any one calling me. They told I would receive a coupon gift and then the paper will come thru my news agent. They also collected my news agent name.

It seems that they have not even contacted this news agent even over phone.

To my surprise they even now say that I never ever contacted them in the first place! Looks like they lost all data of selected customer (I mean prospective customers!)

Please dont fall in the trap Afterall the TOI may only be doing an Advt excercise to promote awareness- nort really bothered to serve customers!.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Vandas,
    Sorry, you had a different and bitter experience. As TOI was about to be launched, our agent came over and took the subscription after handing over the bag. Then, my husband's company too gave us a susbscription free. So we told our news agent to take back his offer and returned the gift too. Now we are receiving the daily without any problem from April. The news agents sometimes try to avoid the subscription and prefer to supply by themselves-this way they will gain a little more, I suppose.
    Likewise, the Hindu has also launched an annual subscription scheme-Rs.500/-- their people came door to door to collect the same.

8. monu15

monu15 New IL'ite

hey,,,
    i heard this news ,, that's very gr8 if we get the annual subscribtion but my newspaper agent (kondapur, hyderabad) deny this and said ,, there is no such scheme,,, is this scheme is still there,, if yes than can any one let me know how to proceed this ,, thanks alot in advance..

9. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Now I would like to subscribe for the newspaper, can you please give the customer care number of TOI, so that I will talk to them.

10. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    This was an introductory offer when TOI was launched in Chennai in 2008.This offer was applicable only that year and is no more.Hope this helps.