1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The quest

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 1, 2016.

1. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful story Satchi. A very emotional and touching one. Truly admired your writing. Felt like very much attached to the story. Hoping to read more from you.

satchitananda likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Priya. :) Will certainly try.

3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

"Muted light" — she whacks you with a pathetic fallacy in line#1!

Oh no, pathetic not as in pfft pathetic!, uffo no one clicks on my links. After she quietens you with a ray from literary device, she whisks you from an orphanage to outcrops of Australia. Thereafter, the pace, the characters, the plot, the trope, the end and everything she spins in-between converges as loud reckoning — "citizen of the global village " in the final installment of the epic novena. What began as "muted" ended with a "bang"!

Cross-cutting with frame stories in a non-linear narrative, she invoked the whole shebang of literary ideas into just one experimental story. Why am I referring to her as 'she'? Well, I've never seen satchi in such an explosive style in fictional forum. Chumpkins, you are cut for fiction, story-telling is right up your alley. Don't restrict yourself in factual and sterile world of non-fiction. Let your blazing and imaginative mind drift and break the frontiers of your creative writing.

All the best!

4. satchitananda

Thanks a ton Cimorene. I rushed to check out the link to the 'pathetic' reference. :)

Amazing FB coming from you dear. Yes, I certainly intend trying my hand at more. :)

Now off to find out what your latest name means!

..... and am back to say that it fits you to the tee.:D

kaniths likes this.
  5. EnglishNotGood

EnglishNotGood Silver IL'ite

Satchi, A thought provoking story. I always wonder about what are the true feelings of people who get adopted on who would they cherish more, the adopted parents or the biological parents. My sister's FIL was allowed to be adopted by a childless couple and his own biological parents consented for that adoption. He told my sister that he resented his birth parents till the end for their decision. Your story brought those memories back that it is unfair for the adopted parents too not have closure like this where they are guaranteed to get love from Anita.

I am posting first time after IL changed and I don't like this cluttered look. May be I like simple look better :smiley:.

kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  6. EnglishNotGood

EnglishNotGood Silver IL'ite

Satchi, A thought provoking story. I always wonder about what are the true feelings of people who get adopted on who would they cherish more, the adopted parents or the biological parents. My sister's FIL was allowed to be adopted by a childless couple and his own biological parents consented for that adoption. He told my sister that he resented his birth parents till the end for their decision. Your story brought those memories back that it is unfair for the adopted parents too not have closure like this where they are guaranteed to get love from Anita.

I am posting first time after IL changed and I don't like this cluttered look. May be I like simple look better :smiley:.

7. satchitananda

Hi Englishisgreat! (Please do change your userid)

Adoption is certainly a grey area where emotions are concerned. Adoption is a very noble act when parents without or especially with biological kids decide to give a homeless child a home. It is not an act of charity. It is an act of pure, unconditional love.

What I don't particularly care for is when people adopt the kid of relatives where the biological parents are still alive and well - only because the 'family background', caste, genetic history etc. are known. I once met a lady (a very educated lady employed in a high position) who told me her son was adopted from her younger bil and his wife. The bil got married after this couple and it was already 'agreed' upon that his first kid would be given to them for adoption. The bil's wife was not willing, but she told me with great pride "I said, 'let me see how she does not allow me to adopt the kid and I asked my fil to intervene' ". This kind of situation is so unfair. Heard of one more such case recently where the mother begged and pleaded to keep the child, but it was forcibly adopted by the bil and sil. I have heard of a parent asking the dil to have a kid for the sil.

In these cases, I can well imagine how cruel it is to the child involved which is treated like nothing more than a piece of meat and the parents who are treated like a sperm bank and a living incubator.

8. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi tat was a heart rending story. I really really liked it. U have beautifully brought out the feelings of an adopted child tat too by parents of an entirely different nation. The confusions of the Anita of why she doesnt resemble her parents or sibling in looks n how she constantly strives to match the culture of the place she stays were all too too gud to put in words. The quest to know her biological parents n to know the reason for her rejection were portrayed in a touching way. Gender discrimination is really really bad n i feel for the ppl who r succumbed to it.

Waiting for many stories from u.

kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  9. satchitananda

10. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Good reads, Stachi :)

satchitananda likes this.