1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learn To Love - Episode 8

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    First of all Congrats for your short film that is going to come up. You are worth it.
    After reading your FB for the previous chapter I did have a chocolate which was the only sweet I had at that time. :)
    I got the book Jaya written by Devadutt pattanaik that you had mentioned in one of the episodes. Got it delivered at my India's address. Just last night when I spoke to my son he told me that he has started reading that book. And it is a good book.

Another great episode The examples Rishi gave to prasie others about the driver, and wife was fantastic, just awesome and that part where Rishi was targeted by Ananya and at the right time DR. answered Ananya was just mind blowing.

2. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Wow.. what an episode. Has me dumbstruck. Great response by Dr. Nirmala. Thanks for such insightful advice! It strikes a chord in our core!!

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

There are three stages at which we can stop the input into our thoughts. We can divide that into Receipt, Reaction and Response. We can decide what to receive and what not to receive. If someone is hurting us verbally, we can decide not to receive it. This is like a registered mail that we refuse to accept. The second stage is reaction. In this stage, we keep analyzing everything we heard from fellow beings. We have to always remember it is not what others said that hurts us but it is our reaction to those words in our mind that hurts us the most. This is equivalent to reliving what we had already experienced or living in the past (what a waste of time especially when it is not productive). We can easily decide not to analyze a specific conversation further. Then the third stage is the response stage. Even if we receive and react, we can decide not to respond and go through the process of healing through forgiveness.

Therefore, Anu's premises that she would achieve peace if she confronts is flawed. But again, most of the Western civilization follow that as a solution. In her scenario, she had received Rishi's action into her heart and already reacted to it in her mind. If she responds to it by confronting him, it won't get out of her mind or heart and it will hurt her more.

Viswa

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My dear friends,
    I have been reading and re-reading all your responses since yesterday. One thing struck me. All of you are better writers than me. For to make you cry I had to write a four thousand word episode. But you guys did that to me with just a few lines of fb. And as usual you left me with a sense of surprise - what did I do to deserve all these? May every one of you and your dear ones be always blessed.
    I feel guilty that I haven't replied to your fbs in my e-book blog, Ponniyin Selvan and this one. Too much to do both at office and home. In the heart of hearts I know that it is not a reason but only an excuse. And a lame one at that. Please give me some time. Will clear the backlogs before this week ends.
    What Rishi told his trainees you have been doing for years - I mean your fbs. They have never failed to inspire me to write more and write better.
    I am sure that I will be born as someone beholden to you in my future births and strive to express my gratitude adequately through words and actions.
    love,
    sridhar

5. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

Wonderfully written and expressed episode again Varalotti Sir..... May be this is the first time i'm writing fb for what u've written BUT i would want to tell you that I do appreciate the way you think and then pen down the same... Keep up the gud work sir..
    I've gone through a few of the serials written by you.. each one has the capacity to roll tears down my eyes....
    (P.S. May be i'm not able to fully express.... I'm finding myself short of words to express how your writings impact a great deal)

Now about this serial, the inculcation and blending of SRIMAD BHAGWAT GITA's teachings at the right place is truly magical.. I luvd it !!!
    Waiting to read more :)

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,,,

That was lovely ...wonderful and interesting episode... Actually i got no words to praise you....YOU ARE REALLY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!Hats off to you...

Shanti

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

Beautiful narration. While wondering who needs to learn to love & more, all I can say is I love your series. I'm sure a whole lot do. Liked all the sparks & clashes & love & affection and whole lot of emotional explosions...

waiting to see the results next.

M

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar..a sigh of relief to know that Rishi has been saved from the bullets..
    Nice handling of the situation and apt incident from the war, itself.
    Alice in Wonderland, quote is also superb.

By the way, I also like the homework..will start working on it..from today..:)

Sriniketan

9. varalotti

thanks a lot, nihasvin for opening the account with such kind words. And sorry for the delay in responding to your fb.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

How am I going to thank you, Sofea! I should have read your fb at least 20 times savouring every word. I really feel honoured. All my efforts to bring out a serial has been proved fruitful. And when I was stuck in the next episode I came running to your fb and that gave me the wisdom to complete it.

I may not sell a million books. I may not even win a single award. But after reading your fb I have a strong feeling of contentment that I can lay down my life having done the greatest work of touching a woman's heart. What more can I hope for?
    sridhar