1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just A Quick Note

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sojourner, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Sorry that I have not been blogging here for a while. There is no particular reason -- I got busy with a few other things and got away from blogging here.

I want to thank in particular the one person who sent me a private message. Since I have not posted ten posts in the past month, I cannot access the private message nor reply to it. All I know is that I have a private message. I do know the name of the person who sent the message -- I can see it. I am touched. I wish that I can respond to you.

I came to know about the private message about ten minutes ago and immediately came here to write this blog. I greatly appreciate the warmth.

I also think fondly about several of you I have interacted with. I am tempted to post ten blogs so that I can respond to that private message -- that's how much I am touched by it.

Things are going well.One son has graduated and is working. The other son is going through a rough program of studies -- things should get better.

I recently went to have some pants altered. In the US, that is done at dry cleaners. This woman was measuring the length of my pants legs -- I was feeling like a ten year old all over again, with my mother hovering over me worrying "I hope that he stands straight so that his pants come out at the correct length".

I am also applying to move to another department at my place of work. All the old anxieties come out every time I do this. It is hard to be upbeat when you are so stressed.

I hope that my friends are doing well. My affections to everybody.

Oh, by the way, today is my wife and mine 31st wedding anniversary.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sojourner

Wish you both a very very Happy Wedding Anniversary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. mssunitha2001

"I recently went to have some pants altered. In the US, that is done at dry cleaners. This woman was measuring the length of my pants legs -- I was feeling like a ten year old all over again, with my mother hovering over me worrying "I hope that he stands straight so that his pants come out at the correct length".

:rotfl:rotflvery funny sojourner... Laughed aloud while reading that ....!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. mssunitha2001

[​IMG]

Nice to see you back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sojourner,

First of all Happy Anniversary!! May you both be blessed with many more!!

My best wishes to both your children.

You were truely missed sir, i so enjoyed your posts!! please do come back and write more for us. :)

aff
    Akila

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very glad to see you back again Sojourner! Come and flood us with your blogs. Will read and respond to each one of them! And very many happy returns of the day! -rgs

7. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Thanks again for all the comments.

I usually get up around 4 AM or so and cannot resist checking Facebook. I told myself that I won't check FB today but will check only the cricket scores -- the Aus-NZ test match was exciting; NZ won by 7 runs. I went back to bed but remembered that I had posted a blog here and may have replies. [As I have written before, in particular, I wanted to reestablish contact with the person, who was kind enough to take the trouble of sending me a private message, which I still cannot read :)]

I came downstairs again as quietly as possibly so that I don't wake up my wife. I was pleased to see the welcoming comments -- I feel like the prodigal son coming home :)

Sunitha/Akila/RG: Thanks for your well-wishes. Hope things are going well with all of you. I have pleasant shared experiences with all of you and several others too -- Sunitha's graphics for my bellcaptain blog, Akila reacting to my Couchsurfing blog with "I will make sure that my children never couchsurf" (Ultimately, I think that protecting our children is the one thing most important to us), to mention a few.

Sunitha's graphics are lovely as usual. Thanks.

Have a great day.

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai SOJO,

To be very frank i was wondering why there is no blogs from mr.SOJO and it hitsmy mind a lot for the past 15 days. Very happy to see your blog and your frank open writings. Hope your pants were altered well and you are fit into that and my
    hearties wishes to you for your wedding anniversary and all the best for your new job. tks for your affectionate blog.:)