1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A New Romance Serial From Varalotti - A Curtain Raiser!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jun 3, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Muthu and Alamelu, the characters of The Love Song, are in conversation.

Muthu: Do you know what Varalotti is up to, these days?

Alamelu: He is busy preparing the ground for the Second Part of Ponniyin Selvan.

Muthu
    : You know it is difficult,why almost impossible, for Varalotti not to write a love story for long.

Alamelu
    : I heard from some of the members of IL that he is into something of that sort!

Muthu
    : I know. I know. He has written about love in the IT industry, romance in the silk-saree trade and about our love in the background of Carnatic music. What else is left?

Alamelu
    : This time it’s a park. A huge one at that. Located in his town, Madurai, very close to his house. I heard from his wife that he visited the park a dozen times to gather information about the locale.

Muthu
    : What? Is he going to shoot a film there?

Alamelu
    : How can he? He knows next to nothing about films.

Muthu
    : Same thing goes for his writing as well.

Alamelu
    : Why are you so put off with him?

Muthu
    : Sorry dear. Let’s discuss that later. Can you tell me some of the key characters in the story.

Alamelu
    : This time the serial is way too crowded. Apart from the hero and heroine there is a retired bureaucrat, a bank employee, a neurologist, an Eighty year old man, a divorcee working in the Madurai collectorate…

Muthu
    : Stop, stop. What is he going to do? Write a story or print the city’s telephone directory?

Alamelu
    : I think he is trying to mimic the legendary writer Kalki. Having too many characters and weaving a story around them.

Muthu
    : I am reminded of a Turkey trying to dance like the peacock, of the the common crow trying to imitate the cuckoo. But don’t tell me that the story will drag on for years.

Alamelu
    : Hopefully not. My informant tells me that he will finish it in 10 to 12 weeks.

Muthu
    : Alamelu, can you do me a favour. If you happen to meet him tell him that we don’t want any philosophy or preaching from him in the course of the story. Let him stick to his story line. And for heaven’s sake ask him to be a little more romantic while describing love scenes.You know he did not even let us kiss each other when I proposed to you.

Alamelu
    : But the way you spoke, I mean the way, Varalotti put dialogues into your mouth, well, it was much more than a lip to lip kissing for me. But I overheard that this time the story opens with a kissing scene perhaps to make up for what he did not do to us. Looks like it was so intimate that his wife admonished him to be a little more responsible while writing for a bunch of ladies. But yes there will be a lot of preaching, philosophy and discussions about God, love..

Muthu
    : What does he think about himself, a second Messiah?

Alamelu
    : His wife read the draft of the first chapter and warned him against too much of philosophy.

Muthu
    : I admire that woman. At least she is there to talk sense to him. But I don’t think he’ll listen. It’s not in his genes. Do you know the title of the story?

Alamelu
    : I do. THE LOVERS PARK

Muthu
    : When does it start?

Alamelu
    : 9th June.

Muthu
    : Let’s pray for the the members of IL. May God protect them from Varalotti.

It so happened that a member of IL, Gayathri (Gayuharini) overheard this conversation and sent in the reviews of Varalotti’s novel Nee Enathu Innuyir (Love Cubed) which was published in the June 1 issue of Kanmani.

The scanned copy of the reviews is posted here more to indulge Gayathri than to defend Varalotti.

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Abbadda atlast another serial in the offing... I was waiting for something like this....Btw when are you planning to post these episodes...weekly twice or once?

My best wishes for the success of this serial Sri...I know you don't need this but just as a customary wish I am sending my best wishes ;-)

I know my HM will walk with you so no need to worry :-D

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

[​IMG]

May the Lord of Love stay with you sir throughout your journey at the park!
    Regards & love
    Saras.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Me in place 3. Waiting for the first episode.

5. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

"Oru paanai sotrukku oru soru padham"
    --This is what I felt after having read your curtain-raiser!!!

Alamu and Muthu have given us an insight into the "LOVER'S PARK":

They have only more than kindled our desire for lapping up the all-new series with gleeful eagerness..

>Same thing goes for his writing as well.{ha..ha.}
    --btw is this what's called as modesty Sir??
    >I admire that woman. At least she is there to talk sense to him. But I don’t think he’ll listen. It’s not in his genes.
    --ha..ha..had a hearty laugh and a big salute to mam Indhu as well!

And well it's not an exaggeration to say that June 9th is a golden-lettered day in the diary of all us ILites..we are only too happy to welcome aboard the neurologist,the retired bureaucrat,the bank employee,the divorcee working in the Madurai collectorate et al...

So..hats off Sir for taking us through a journey punctuated not just with romance, but God and Philosophy.

@gayathri:that was a 'mouth-watering' review dear. Congrats!!

Regards & love,
    Saras

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Looking forward to read the first episode sir...!!!!!!!

:cheers gayuharini !!!!!!!

7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow.........Am very eager to read your serial Sir...Looking forward to June 9th :)

8. hpriyamdu

hpriyamdu New IL'ite

All the best Sir!

You reminded me abt Eco park... i miss it

9. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    thanks a lot for coming in first to wish me.
    Well I am planning to post matter that will cover two posts a week, roughly about 4000 words, and post it in one go.

The first episode is due on 9th June.

Thanks for your kind wishes and a greater thanks for invoking Her blessings in my favour.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Saras. Yes, I do need the Lord's vicinity and his generosity to build up the story.
    thanks for coming in,
    love,
    sridhar