1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To err is Ice!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iswaryadevi, Oct 15, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

To err is human. But my friends say ‘To err is ice’. If I compile a list of all the blunders I have committed, the moderators will probably block my id for spamming the forum. So I will stop with 4.

I was in 6th. It was half yearly exam. I was preparing for History desperately trying to remember who did what when and why when my friend dashed into my house. “Ice, can I borrow your history notes? I will take a copy and give back tomorrow” Did I hear her correctly? “If you take my notes how will I prepare?” Now it was her turn to stare. “Aren’t you studying Tamil?” I was at total loss of words. What actually happened was, while taking note of the exam time table, I skipped Language II and copied the next exam History. From then on, till my 12th, my mom never failed to cross-check with my friends. :hide:

But unfortunately the same incident repeated when I was in my 7th. The best (or rather worst) part was none of my friends came to my house, so I studied for biology exam and went to my school. Entering the class room, I started wondering why my class mates were solving maths problems. Then I realized the blunder I made. But ironically I scored high marks in maths than biology. :spin

Did I learn from my previous mistake? NO. I was in 8th. It was annual exam and I was sitting in the exam hall examining my question paper. I was amused seeing how easy the questions were and finished by 1 hour and walked out head high in the air. When the exam was over, I started discussing the paper with my friends only to realize to my horror that my question paper was printed on one side only. The remaining evening was spent in persuading my staff to permit me to write a re-exam. :drowning

I was in my 1st year engineering college. It was chemistry practical exam. I finished early and walked out to collect my record book. Up and down, left and right, I could not find it anywhere. I asked all my friends and no one positively saw it. The next day in college, my chemistry sir gave me this brilliant idea of announcing in each and every class. I was welcomed in most of the classes with my famous adjectives ‘Kuchi’ (stick) ice, ‘cup’ ice, ‘cone’ ice and some guys were generous enough to hand over their books. Finally the next day I decided to buy a new book when this guy whom I have never seen before gave his book and went. Puzzled I opened the book and to my utter amazement found my name on it. I never understood how he got confused between his name and mine. But the episode was not over. The next 2 days I got ‘N’ number of advices (for no mistake of mine) from almost the entire college (extensive popularity thanks to my chemistry sir) that I even thought of writing a book ‘How to keep a record book safe?’ :bonk

2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

hahahahaah Ice... very hilarious.. grt that u scored more marks in math than in biology!!!

3. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

:rotflhilarious...

you precisely remember what happened in each standard...niiiiiceeee...

and hats off to your presence of mind... hehehee

4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Join the club, last week also my sister was pulling my leg that I will prepare Tamil for Maths exam! :)

5. iswaryadevi

Dear sbonigala, jyothigandham and tuffyshri,

Thank you very much for your comments :)

6. videsha

videsha New IL'ite

as usual....excellent!

7. iswaryadevi

Thank you very much for your comments videsha :)

8. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Excellent write up Ishu...:rotfl

9. sadagopa

sadagopa New IL'ite

The brain should be ice cool during exam to score more marks.
    No point in burning the midnight oil just before exam.
    Better to see a movie the day before exam!

10. iswaryadevi

Dear devapriya,

Thank you very much da :)