1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You are the BEST Dad

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sheebavinod, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Daddy ,this one is just for you.You were always there for me,from the time I remember,not just as my father but as a friend too.As I reminisce about my childhood days, it feels wonderful to have had a dad like you and indeed am blessed to have you in my life.
    The happiness I felt when you lifted me high up in the air when I secured first rank in the class, still stays fresh in my memory. You were wonderful always as you gave into all my whims and fancies but wasnt I a good and obedient child ever who gave you no troubles at all:).Guess the most outrageous wish of mine was the one where I made you walk 5 kms to a shop where I had seen a pencil box which I had to get at any cost.All you said after you bought me that box was - "You should have told me this at home,then we could have come on the scooter instead of walking up till here at 7 pm." You said this with a smile and I loved you even more. When you would come back from the office, honking your way through the street,signaling me to open the gate,which I did with utmost pleasure because then you would take me for a ride on your bajaj chetak before you would walk into the house. You would get my daily quota of 2 samosas which I used to relish so much. You never stopped me or scolded me for sticking posters of rock stars or movies stars in my room during my teenage days. The best thing you did for me those days was buying movie tickets for 'Dil To Pagal Hai' in black as we had failed thrice to get tickets and you siad-"Happy now".I had no words but was full of excitement ,yippee. That was indeed a special movie for me for what you did but I still remeber how you slept through the movie because you could not tolerate such a stupid movie according to you. I have had my share of thorns too when it came to discipline.More than inflicting corporal punishments, you believed in talking over and always made me understand things. I have got some beatings too but then I deserved it for sure:). The first day when you left me at school when I cried my heart out, the homeworks and projects you helped me to complete, the weekend visits to park, the hug you gave me when you found me after I was lost in the railway station, the first time you bought me books , oh daddy, the list is never ending.
    You have been through a lot of tough times that were never ending but that made you tougher and I was and am proud to be your daughter.Youhave taught me more through your experiences you have had in your life and I learnt them quite well, proved to be a good student and still I am, learning from life , dealing with the lemons it throws my way and I always make the lemonade sweet.
    I have hurt you , pained you daddy but I promise you that I will make it up for you, give you joy,happiness and everything that I am capable of. I know you have forgiven me and feel proud that today your daughters are your pillars of strength.

Daddy, all I want to say is YOU ARE THE BEST DADDY EVER THAT I COULD GET AND COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE.
    Love you daddy.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Now I know where madam had disappeared all these days!! Good to see you back here and that is one lovely post on your dad. Enjoyed all the little pleasures along with you through the post. Dil tho pagal hain episode is really sweet and funny as your dad slept through the movie :).

Good to see you warming up your pen!

3. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

shree,

thanks a lot dear, yes it is good to be back, missed you guys really. Happy that you enjoyed a small share of my life stories:), I cherish them to the core da.

4. mom2vivi

mom2vivi New IL'ite

Hey Sheebs----Reading this bought tears to my eyes. Good writeup dear. Do write more.

5. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Dear Litha,

Thanks a lot yaar, am elated that this writeup had such an impact on you. Guess being daughters when we think about our dads, tears well up for no reason alle.

6. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

Oh..Sheebs...It is really a wonderful write up..Like Litha my eyes also filled up with tears....the blog brought so much sweet memories of dad......Enjoyed reading it completely...
    Excellent Sheebs...Keep writting...:):)

7. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

Oh..Sheebs...It is really a wonderful write up..:thumbsupLike Litha my eyes also filled up with tears....the blog brought so much sweet memories of dad......Enjoyed reading it completely...
    Excellent Sheebs...Keep writting...:):)

8. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Hey Preetha,

Thanks a lot dear for the feedback, it means a lot :)