1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Schoolo school.........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subhsk, Jun 23, 2009.

1. chitraRaji

chitraRaji New IL'ite

Hi Subhsk,

Very nicely narrated, nostalgic. Did the same thing when I was small, only I wanted to be in school, and study like my bro! And did the unthinkable thing of complaining to everyone that the teacher didn't teach anything in LKG! (Back then, LKG students were just supposed to go, eat lunch, sleep & come back :)). Made my dad to come with me to school to scold the teacher!!!!

Chits

2. ssusha123

ssusha123 New IL'ite

hi,
    when we studied, there was no pre k.g. or junior / senior k.g. and all. straight away 1st std. admission only. as some one said, even i don't remember my first day in school, but my mom used to say. i was so naughty in the house and my mom decided to put me in school. in those days, we have to prove to the teacher that i should touch my nose by the hand come at the back of your head through your ear. then we are eligible to fit in 1st standard. my mom took me to the nearest school. there the teacher asked me to do the same thing. even though i was only 4 years old, to his utter surprise, i touched and hurray..... i got the admission into first standard.

of course, i went to school without crying ...........
    but when we admitted our only child to the nursery class, she used to yell like anything. she would get ready, take her things promptly, have her breakfast ..... we used to drop her in the school for the first few days....... we really dont know how the children know the route to the school ...... as soon as we take turn to the school, she would vomit, cry a lot etc. etc.
    make a scene in the roadside itself.......
    even today, i imagine the olden days ....... now this child is into her 12th std. and preparing for her prof. entrance exams.

anyone has a kid like this one ?

3. Shijiskumar

Shijiskumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Subhsk,
    I was also the same like you running before my sister to go to school. As a result of this my parents joined me to an Asan( In kerala, erlier asan teaches the malayalam letters at their home. we used to write in sand with our pointing finger and asan used to write in one type of palm leaves with a pointed iron rod). I still remeber, i was not interested to go to him and amma used say we are going to achans house. when we turn from the usual way to my fathers house everyday i had been crying till asans house as i was afraid of him because he was using the iron rod for punishing us.

4. ahilaiyer

ahilaiyer Junior IL'ite

very good naration'

i am just thinking of my school day

very ffirst day when i went to school, with my mo only i came back after sometime

really great yaaaaaa

5. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Chits

Nice u reminded me how we were forced to sleep after heavy lunch Grrrr....... Actually I always liked playing after lunch, but had no choice,had to pretend like sleeping :)
    Also was afraid to open eyes as the 'Miss' may give nicely with her long stick.

But In office, have we not longed for a small nap after lunch??? ;-)

6. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi susha,

Nice narration yaar. btw , I think u have cleared a toughest test to enter school. haha.... Why not people thinking of such brilliant test for college admission and for job :)
    If we have such test now, kids will go to school themselves and do this in many schools and take the best offer... hehehe...

Ur kids actions are :rotfl. Nice that u shared here in a wonderful way.Convey her my best wishes.

Regards
    SK

7. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Shijishkumar........

U seem to have great experience yaar. wonderful narration of "Asan and his iron rod". I think u can even post a blog on that :)

When u say about writing on sand, I remember how proudly i wrote everything i learnt in the white walls of our home in all the rooms, till the height that was reachable to me when I stand in my toes.

Aaah, When I say this to u, I feel like doing the same now .......... :)

Thanks for stepping into my blog shijish....Keep visiting

Regards
    SK

8. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Ahila,

Thanks for stepping in and for leaving me ur comment.

Regards
    SK