1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How I lost my hearing.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, May 31, 2009.

1. ssusha123

ssusha123 New IL'ite

dear viji,
    dont lose your heart. u can very well consult dr. mahadeviah at Basavangudi ENT Clinic, in Bangalore. unfortunately, i dont have his telephone number. but, u can get his address & phone no from Justdial.com services. my advise to u is that u consult him once personally and take his opinion. i still have hope that you would be cured. God is really great & he would definitely help you. wish u all the best.
    usha

2. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear usha,
    THnaks for the suggestion.I will check if possible.
    vijji

3. Neetz

Neetz New IL'ite

dear viji,

it is a most unfortunate incident,but who can say what the almighty lord cannot achieve.believe in Him and pray for complete recovery in some way or the other.belief in God can work miracles.if He can make the lame cross mountains and the dumb sing,He can Heal you.I believe.lots of love and light to you,and hope the best for you.

4. padma13

padma13 New IL'ite

Hi Viji

I am also in the same boat as you. I also started getting deaf because of the sideeffect of a drug I took for common cold. It has happened five years back and my deafness has grown gradually. Now I am deaf more than 60% in one ear and 25% in the other.
    I wouldn't like to name the drug here but it is usually sold over the counter in medical shops for cold and I had taken it for 3 days continuously.
    And I have learnt to live with it.
    And whenever someone speaks and I dont understand, I simply tell them, I am partially deaf and couldnt understand what they talk.

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma ,
    sorry to hear about your problem.You can try alternative medicine as your problem is recent.
    vijji

6. Angel

Angel New IL'ite

hey vijji, i had a baby about a year ago...after that i have starting loosing my hearing...can u tell me the name of the tablets given to u by the doctor? i was goin to see a doctor about this 2day...did it cause u itchiness in ur ears at the start plz reply me bck asap

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Angel,
    I din't have any itchiness ,but noticed slow hearing loss.Tablets given are strptomycin.Don't worry ,not everyone loses hearing for good.Yours may be temporary.wish you all the best.
    vijji

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Accidents like that could happen to any person. But to take it in one's stride.. well it takes a woman of Viji's stature to do so.

I salute your way of unconditional acceptance without any tinge of bitterness.

May you live long and happy, my friend.

love,
    sridhar

9. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

SIr,
    Please don't curse me with long life.Acceptance of this accident took its toll on my life .
    BTW just saw your second blog's title ,now i understand why you commented you had goosebumps reading my FB.
    Thanks for your comments and compliments.
    Regards,
    vijji

10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

My dear Friend:

I read what you directed me to. My respect for you has gone up a million times and I seriously do not think I want to address you by the name you have given yourself. You are a great warrior friend. That's the way I shall know you.

Regards.

oj