1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hating myself for my deed

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ILUser07, Mar 18, 2016.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

I am hating myself and feeling extremely shameful on what I have done. I am a mom to a precious 5 month baby boy.
    I yelled at my little boy. It is such a coward act. I yelled at a helpless little infant as I cant fight back my husband. I yelled at my baby as I am incapable in solving problems with my husband. I just cant explain enough how weak I became to stoop to shout at a 5 month baby who doesnt know anything but to smile and cry. I can't erase my baby's expression staring at me clueless why I called his name so loud.

To give a pretext -
    Things are not same after my delivery. I am feeling a void in my relationship with my husband. He is always dominating but we loved each other the way we are. My MIL came to help us after delivery and its been 7 months now. I see a drastic difference in his behavior post delivery. He is showing male dominance and is refusing to do any help. My MIL keeps saying men doesnt do household things, men doesnt take care of babies, men needs tasty food etc.
    On top of this, if I protest in any matter he is saying that my mom is influencing me to fight with him. While all I talk to her is about my son.
    He started sleeping seperately since a month as he doesnt want to get disturbed in the night. My MIL doesnt say it is not right. Last monday was our wedding anniversary. We had a decent time despite of the differences. And in the night, we had intercourse though I was not ready for it after the C section. The very next day he wanted again and I was so much in pain. He started shouting at me saying my parents didnt raise me properly. I should take the pain as all the women do. I was unfit to be a wife etc.
    He walked out and slept in the second bedroom along with my mil. I was not able to accept this nor I could fight with him on this.
    I am such a useless mom and I am feeling so guilty to bring a new life to this world .

2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

It looks like issues have cropped up after the MIL came into the picture. You let an outsider influence you so much that you yelled at your own baby.

Forgive yourself. You did something wrong and regret it. You did not mean it.

Your first priority is your child. You have seen, first hand, what happens when you let the H and MIl affect you. Focus on your child with a renewed vigour. Steel yourself up such that his actions, words or your MIL - none of these affect you.

Next, have a heart to heart talk with your husband. Tell him in a polite but firm manner, how his actions affect you and what hurts you. No drama, no tears nothing. Then let it go! Ignore. No matter what - do not respond. When he sees that you do not care, he will come back!

Good luck

1 person likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

You cannot change others, you can only change your own self. Repeat this many times. Then decide you cannot change others (incl him and MIL). So work on yourself and then eventually decisions will emerge.

cheenu123 likes this.
  4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Please let your anger go in some other way and take a decision that u will not yell at ur child. Always smile when ur with child. It will make u feel good and anger will reduce or go away.

U r in pain but still u need to bear it like all women do? How come he assumes about all women? Such type thinking and not understanding you , will result in to him sleeping in that second bedroom alone or along with ur mil more and more. It is ok , if u ignore that he will come to ur bedroom.

5. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

Forgive urself. DONT ever do it again.
    You are a huan being too. Forgive urself.
    That baby will grow up to be your biggest strength. You know, my 8yr old son gets furious at my husband even if he speaks loudly to me! Rofl !! He ignores when i shout.
    I hope i dont turn into a monster mil because of this!!

Cheer up OP, give that baby a 100 kisses to make up.

6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

1. Your son is "furious" if DH speaks loudly to you. But ignores if you 'shout'. And you encourage and laugh at this behavior of your son? Is that healthy what your son is getting to learn by differentiating dad and mom?
    2. Your son should not even be in the middle of these - you dont prevent him by saying its not applicable to him what dad and mom talk?
    3. You let him think poorly of his dad?

7. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Cut yourself from slack. Your husband is being unfair to you. "Other women" do not bear the pain. Their husbands understand that a woman's body has been through a lot after a delivery (especially after a C Section). Sit with him and talk to him peacefully about the problems you have. Calmly.

8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

OP- Be kind to yourself. You are human and will make mistakes. The fact that you realize you made a mistake makes you a good person which is more than I can say for your husband. Instead of being supportive husband and father, he is being callous and selfish.

Going forward make sure you keep you child out of differences between your husband and yourself.

coolgal123 likes this.
  9. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

OP,

many moms go through such emotions after delivery.Just forget about theinstance of yelling at your child and move on.Go for walks with your little one.After your MIL leaves,talk to your husband and bring him to do some help for you or spend time with kid.

10. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Think about yourself and your baby. Why are you so insecure about your husband? In your condition, you are thinking of intercourse? Give yourself and others a break and let your husband go to hell. Good for you if he sleeps separately, it is not like he is separating from you. If you can't do it, don't force yourself, you are not meant for his enjoyment, you have your own personality. When you get to a state where you can think of doing other activities, you can do them, why worry right now? Don't expect him to pitch in. And if you ask me, don't let him pitch in, because that will also mean unwanted and unnecessary inputs which can be an added headache. Just let it go.