1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A dwarf stands tall!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihana, Thank you for your observation.This news item appeared in all the news papers in the front page.I have just quoted what was published as a news item.I know it is the parents' choice.It was not my intention to underestimate the IT couple.The child may be lucky to be brought up by other parents.
    It is this news item that triggered me to share the other episode among friends.

Jayasala 42

2. jayasala42

Thank you Viswa,
    I have seen a couple specifically asking for a challenged baby for adoption, since there will be very few seekers for the baby.Such stunning examples definitelt transform us a lot.
    Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan, sindmani and Rihana like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

There preasures and slights are the heat that turns coal into diamond but then it depends on the coal to see them as a means of turning into something better.

Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.
  4. jayasala42

Thanks Balaji for your response.
    Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Very inspirational post.
    Yes there are all sorts some will not accept even their own child and some will happily take care of another's.
    What do we call this? Fate?

6. jayasala42

Dear Shobhamma,
    Thank you very much.I have seen many parents ,especially from Scandinavian counties like Norway, Sweden are on the look out for handicapped children and are prepared to bring up the child along with their biologically born children.In an interview, one such adopting parent has stated that it will create a sense of unity and acceptance of the physically challenged and inspire confidence in them.A great thought!

Jayasala 42

7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

That was an inspiring one! Thanks for sharing about Dr.Lakshmipradha Srinivasan. She was blesssed to have a wonderful (god) mother.

I recently learnt about Caroline Herschel who was a notable woman astronomer.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Herschel. At the age of ten, Caroline was struck with typhus, which stunted her growth, so that she never grew past four-foot three.[1] Her family assumed that she would never marry and her mother felt it was best for her to train to be a house servant. Her father wished her to receive an education, but her mother opposed this. Finally she turned to be the first woman in science to get paid l,first to discover a comet and so many firsts she had up her sleeve.

It's always inspiring to know about such great women who fight against all odds. Just thought of sharing

8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

In a world that worships beauty and perfection, it is indeed sad to see it failing to recognize the perfection of human spirit, its endurance and strength.

People that suffer so much cruelty for no fault of their and yet have strength to fight back and make something of their lives are the true heros and a source of inspiration to all of us. It helps to have supporting parents who teach us through their own actions the importance of standing up for your right.

I cannot imagine a parent who for all their material success, can abandon their own helpless child. As a human being, they are indeed true failures.

9. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

She is one of the best mothers in this world. She fulfilled the meaning of "Mathrudevobhava" .My humble:bowdown to her.

10. jayasala42

Dear jskls.,
    The inspiring story of caroline moistened my eyes.The world has not become s bad as we imagine sometimes.There are challenging people who take the mission both in head and heart.Children should be made aware of such realities must be trained to face disappointments in life.

Jayasala 42