Endometrium scratching ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by lalithanivas, Mar 9, 2016.

1. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Did anyone had Endometrial scratching during ivf? Heard that it helps in implantation? Does it really help ? Is it painful ? I want to know from somebody who has gone for this procedure.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Endometrial scratching during IVF? When they will do it? Before IVF or along with it?

3. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Yes OP. I have heard of this. IL member MrsBV had this process done for her IVF . She got a BFP and was in the november 2015 due date club with me. Not sure if she is actively checking IL right now ,since she has a small baby. May be you can check her old posts.I remember her mentioning about it in the TTC thread.

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I had Endometrial scratching before my 4th IVF. I have no idea if helped the implantation, but I got BFP in that IVF and my daughter in now an year old. Its not painful, slight discomfort for a minute that's it.

5. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

I heard that they do it before Embryo transfer.

1 person likes this.
  6. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the info dear.

7. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Did they do it before starting the IVF cycle? Could you tell me on which day it was done..I mean was it after the periods or before that?

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

It was done in the cycle prior to IVF. It was done after periods

9. shas123

shas123 New IL'ite

Hi

Today only I got endometrium scratching done . Currently I am on birth control pill just initial phase of ivf. I got to know from doctor that they examine the uterus lining to determine the uterus capability for implantation. If it requires any medicine or shots to make it good enough to conceive.
    its a little painful but for 30 secs only. After the process take rest for few hours and don't go for swimming or bathtub for 2-3 days.
    Shashi

1 person likes this.
  10. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I had an endometrial scratching done but for a different purpose.The doctor wanted to check ERA(endometrium receptivity Assay).For certain ladies the endometrium will accept the egg only on certain days ,some progesterone Plus 5 days.Mine was done the month before the ivf.Doctors believe that any local injury to the endometrium makes them more receptive to accept the embryo transfered.Worked for me for sure.