officially insulted in my high school reunion!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 5, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

had given a post about high school reunion...

had been contemplating whether to go or not but then went yesterday night..

1) many did not recognize me..after recognizing me some were like" oh! u were the one who did this in school and that in school" reminded me of some things which i tried hard to forget.

2) my high school teacher " u used to fail a lot in school.how did u even manage to get a job?"

3) another one.." u are settled in usa?? lol.how on earth did that happen?

4) some smirked and showed faces( not kidding)

5) one ex friend teased me the same way she used to in high school.infact would say bullied.

6) today morning she unfriended me on fb.

7) biggest insult done to me was by ME.yes! i kept quiet and smiled just the way i did in high school,took all the pain in my heart and cried a lot back home.i wish i could have given back but tounge tied.i thought life was good,i had a great family and did quite well in many ways but realised am still the same gal back from school..

had to share.sorry to vent.

2. sanskruthi

sanskruthi Silver IL'ite

dear @anika987 how can people be so insensitive? Their bodies have grown, years have added but minds are still narrow. how can even a teacher be like that. The friend or ex-friend who unfriended you, its her loss. You moved on to a higher level, don't waste you emotions on such people. don't cry for them. you are happy and content with your present life, you are blessed to get a great family. By keeping quiet and smiling on their face you have shown how much you have matured. hugsmiley
    forget bad memories and move on.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  3. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

plain jealousy nothing else..ppl just cant see others happy and contended in life..just accept that and move on

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks sanskruthi..ur kind words brought tears to my eyes..thanks dear

sanskruthi likes this.
  5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

omg i cannot believe people are so naive and insane...:shock:
    it is ok for classmates but teachers too....i m not even digesting and agree with one of the poster above, about people not growing(mentally) with years.
    i m not aware of ur previous post..but i think you should have not gone to that reunion. when u were aware of all this why on earth u dared to go...what did u achieved by that. sorry i m not fueling ur anger but i really dont understnad why u went.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  6. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Bullying is worst. At that time we keep letting it go (in other's word IGNORE) thinking it will not affect us anyway but it keeps brimming inside us. Outside we smile, inside we fight to control our emotions. Same thing happens again and again until we lose self confidence, feeling guilty. Self evaluation and realization works here. We cannot come out of it until and unless we are willing to.

You are depressed because those things have taken over your peace of mind today, but it will disappear tomorrow once you get engrossed in your family and current situation. Be happy, you are out of it now.

Thanks for sharing. Your story may help someone (dealing with same problem) to not feel alone.

and congrats for losing one of those pseudo-friends.friendssmiley:cheers. Help yourself with a cup of coffee.:coffee

p.s.: Ignore my grammar please. (because I don't care.)

3 people like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

in my last post,many encouraged me (they really meant well) to face the reunion and not worry.

I too thought since it has been twenty years,people would have changed.however.....i felt like a time machine took me to 1996 and i came back home crumbling..

I also thought my pain over to last twenty years would end when people talk to me casually and nice but i realized nothing has changed.

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

yeah the one who unfriended me...i was always nice to her.she used to treat me and tease me in school and even after twenty years..she is the same.

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Anika...looks more like people are envious of you.
    Some of the questions like"how could you?How did you?",the smirks, point to th fact that you have done better in life than they expected you to.

The so called friend who un friended you is the cherry on the topping.They were probably hoping to feel better about their life ...but ended up being jealous.Your not reacting to their pettiness was perfect.

I bet you looked pretty too.

Hold you head high.....you did fine.

rachaputi, NeetaR, JGVR and 4 others like this.
  10. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Anika hugs to you. Just thought of sharing what I read,

"When people are envious of you and your achievements...don't bother about it. Their jealousy will act as a wonderful "fire" to burn out all your bad karmas".

You ignore them and be content and happy.

1 person likes this.